Walther RM8 Varmint

Has anyone bought one these? Does anyone know if there regulated as there seems to be some conflicting info on if it is or isn't ?

Thinking of getting one as a back up / spare rifle, had to send my Brocock Bantam Hi lite off for repair which took 6 weeks over the the summer heat wave!!!!! 

Is the stock plastic or wood which is soft coated?

It's just a nasty rifle with a plastic stock. They do have a reg of some description but not a good one as many owners will tell you. I don't know if they are any better than when I had one but mine, like many others at that time, had power fluctuations. My rifle went down to 9fpe so I was forever chasing zero.

They are front end heavy, barrel is too long, no mod so had to buy one, mag had issues sticking .......................................... and so it goes on.

A rifle tuner of some standing said he had 6 of these in with power problems and was producing a decent reg as the ones found on these were rubbish, he was also looking to replace the air tank with a BSA R10 as they were lighter and cut the barrel down. When all this was done, we would have a decent rifle but at what cost, I cut my losses and traded it in for an HW100 and found out what a good rifle was all about. It was my first PCP but the last Walther I will ever buy.

These guns may have improved since that time and they do come at a good price but would I take the risk, not again.

Buy a s/h something else but not a fcuking RM8 in any colour.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, J.F said:

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply. I have a decent rifle the brocock bantam hi lite. And realise this rifle is half the price, was just looking for a back up rifle. How long ago did you buy yours ? 

I think it was  about four years ago, maybe five but as far as I know, they are still fundamentally the same gun, accurate as hell but a dog of a gun in my opinion. There are some people who are very happy with theirs but I know of a number of others that were not at all happy.

As I said earlier, they may have changed but when a gun is made on the cheap, normally, that is how it stays unless the price reflects an upgrade ....................... NO, it doesn't look like it.

Just save your money JF unless you feel this is the one for you, if so, good luck and enjoy.

Phil