Something to Crow about.

I like to dissuade crows from around my garden. Sometimes they attack in family formation and whatever is nesting/fledging doesn’t stand a chance. 

Anyway, I dissuaded three on Sunday and yesterday (Monday) I was watching tv when I noticed something big and black flapping about in the front room. Don’t know if the dogs had chased it in. They might have taken a couple of pecks cos all four were keeping well away. I grabbed it and noticed a chest wound but it was still well lively. Contemplated letting it go for about two seconds. Then the fecker stabbed and bit me on the back of a finger and drew blood and I found out how much power is in that beak. He won’t be biting anything else. 

D7F9EBE5-690A-4FC5-8F3B-83C0D382681F.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, toxo said:

I like to dissuade crows from around my garden. Sometimes they attack in family formation and whatever is nesting/fledging doesn’t stand a chance. 

Anyway, I dissuaded three on Sunday and yesterday (Monday) I was watching tv when I noticed something big and black flapping about in the front room. Don’t know if the dogs had chased it in. They might have taken a couple of pecks cos all four were keeping well away. I grabbed it and noticed a chest wound but it was still well lively. Contemplated letting it go for about two seconds. Then the fecker stabbed and bit me on the back of a finger and drew blood and I found out how much power is in that beak. He won’t be biting anything else. 

D7F9EBE5-690A-4FC5-8F3B-83C0D382681F.jpeg

Evil looking c*nt of a thing.

• Haha 1

You think they hurt !!! Try a Raven , when I had a ladder trap going I caught a few , I let them go ( they are protected) I grabbed this one and he bit my hand , drew blood !!! I now wear gloves like a big girl , you are right , amazing how much power they have  in their beaks . 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Feltwad said:

I always carry a  fisherman's priest for dispatching them their talons can also give a nasty wound .

Feltwad

Was going to mention that! :thumbs:

Just like the squirrel, I make sure they are seriously deceased before picking up!

6 hours ago, Feltwad said:

I always carry a  fisherman's priest for dispatching them their talons can also give a nasty wound .

Feltwad

My favourite adjustable beam torch fills this role very well as it did this time.