Met police chief locked himself inside car while officer was stabbed

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a pure coward ... anybody with a backbone wouldn’t even weigh up the options you launch in and try and save your blokes ... he should lead from the front ... of that was one of his officers he w

Coward. If the attacker had a firearm I’d expect everyone unarmed to seek cover.., but he didn’t. A man armed with a knife can be over-powered and disarmed with numbers. He failed in his duty and he f

It's easy, from a position of safety, to say "He should have done ABC", or "I would have done XYZ", but very few of us (thankfully) will ever find ourselves in such a position, so we can't possibly kn

I read this one a little earlier and I'm of mixed opinions. He was unarmed. Had no body armour and was in a vehicle with two unarmed and untrained people. On the flip side, we're always told that we're not capable of doing these things ourselves because that's the domain of the police. Had he intervened he realistically could have been fatally wounded. As he didn't his conduct is under suspicion because he didn't do anything.

• Like 1

Coward. If the attacker had a firearm I’d expect everyone unarmed to seek cover.., but he didn’t. A man armed with a knife can be over-powered and disarmed with numbers. He failed in his duty and he failed his colleague. 

• Like 5

Sir Craig said he heard two shots as armed officers came past his car and killed Masood, and he then unlocked the doors and got out. "One of the Pcs, quite rightly, said: ‘Get out, make safe, go, shut the door,’ which he did, and it was the right thing to do,” he said.

It's an easy call from after the event but if you're sat in a car just how are you expected to get out and overpower a man that is waiting for you? He's armed and in condition red and waiting for the opportunity a few feet away. You are sat in a car, unarmed and manipulating a door handle and you're expecting to be able to get out of the vehicle and confront the attacker while he waits for you to clear the car. Based on your current situation you don't know that your armed colleagues are in a reasonable proximity and if you're incapacitated you're also risking the lives of your passengers.

I'm more concerned by the mindset that allows a senior police officer to be unarmed and without comms than his failure to leave the vehicle.

• Like 2

He is a pure coward ... anybody with a backbone wouldn’t even weigh up the options you launch in and try and save your blokes ... he should lead from the front ... of that was one of his officers he would be sacking them ........

• Like 12
18 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Least he should of done was try knock the Cnut over' how can his colleagues take orders from him after that.

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Why didn’t he drive away or run cnut over or anything instead a just sat there trembling like a shitting whippet ? likes been said     A lesser officer would a been in his office getting his p45 ?

He was in a chauffeur driven car .. he would of been in the back seat , and maybe he didn’t get out because the child locks were on ?

If he wasn't that keen to get his fat hole out the car he at the very least rolled the window down and shouted over ",hey ya black b*****d leave him alone" !

Then he'd probably have tried to get at him sat behind his locked door. 

• Haha 2

Wonder how you square that with yourself ..knowing you did nothing but safeguard yourself when one of your men , who was left to guard what must be one of the top targets in the country without the means to defend himself against a knife attack let alone someone with a firearm , is being attacked and killed would haunt me every day of my life ..

That copper was sacrificed due to senior officers neglect..How the man on the gate who has first contact with any assailants isn’t armed beggars belief ..it would seem not only are the senior officers negligent but cowards as well .

• Like 1

Question of for the panel. If he had got out and been able to confront the attacker, was seriously/fatally injured in the process and the knifeman was able to inflict more casualties because the aim of the two armed police was now blocked by the unarmed chief what would the reaction be?

Genuinely curious as this debate crops up a lot at work and it's interesting reading.