Todays shoot

21 hours ago, sussex said:

Been strange year so far on the blacks , they haven’t been on the pheasant feeders at all so far this year . Normally the first weeks the birds are down we are plagued with them , this year ( much to the keepers delight) they haven’t put in an appearance , be interesting to see what happens when he starts cutting the maize ..

That bag was taken on this year's maize stubble,still plenty about to have a crack at,just need the weather to behave when I'm not working to have another bash at them.

Edited by Jackdaw
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 21:54, Feltwad said:

I have always found that on windy days birds that turn in a second and if shot a certain amount fall  fifty to hundred yards away from the decoys .This in turn draws birds away from the decoys  also it is bad practise to  leave the hide to pick them up  because crows can see you from  a great distance  which can reduce your chance of a good day . 

Feltwad

100_2333.JPG

Thanks for your input FW but I've shot corvids for well over 15 years and know the pit falls,I just like shooting in windy conditions to make the target more challenging but each to there own.

I must be doing something right I average between 2/3 thousand birds a year lol

Edited by Jackdaw
1 hour ago, Jackdaw said:

Thanks for your input FW but I've shot corvids for well over 15 years and know the pit falls,I just like shooting in windy conditions to make the target more challenging but each to there own.

I must be doing something right I average between 2/3 thousand birds a year lol

Ditto  to the numbers  it keeps me active  for my four score years , I  still prefer to  use a black powder  shotgun or sxs muzzle loader

Feltwad

100_2359.JPG

• Like 2