Todays shoot

Well after 2 weeks on holiday i thought i better pop up my perm and show my face.

Must be 12 months since I took the 12g out,always seem to favour the .410 Husher lol.

But I managed to drop a few with the 12g

20181008_160839.jpg

Edited by Jackdaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, si brown said:

good session:thumbs:

you've just motivated me to get a move on at work tomorrow so I can get at um on Wednesday 

We all need a little motivation at times mate,as I get older I find it difficult to leave the quilt on cold mornings lol

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jackdaw said:

We all need a little motivation at times mate,as I get older I find it difficult to leave the quilt on cold mornings lol

haha... that sounds a lot like me!!

well ive bagged a day off so as long as this wind drops off ill be on the crows tomorrow...

brought a caller from a show the other week so im off to the middle of know where to make a right racket:laugh:

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Can't beat a good wind si , holds them up mate 

what caller did you get ? 

Atb 

got a nordik crow Dave... Phil put me onto it, said his pulls them in so I'll have a bash at it!

my two best crow perms are in the middle of a massive valley/vale so when its windy its feckin windy :censored:

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 07:50, Jackdaw said:

I must admit I always find corvids decoy better in windy conditions, it also helps cover the noise of the shot.

Windy days' I  find are not good they can turn and be out of shot in a second  when over the decoys .

Feltwad

10 hours ago, Jackdaw said:

That's my point mate,who likes an easy shot lol.

I have always found that on windy days birds that turn in a second and if shot a certain amount fall  fifty to hundred yards away from the decoys .This in turn draws birds away from the decoys  also it is bad practise to  leave the hide to pick them up  because crows can see you from  a great distance  which can reduce your chance of a good day . 

Feltwad

100_2333.JPG

Been strange year so far on the blacks , they haven’t been on the pheasant feeders at all so far this year . Normally the first weeks the birds are down we are plagued with them , this year ( much to the keepers delight) they haven’t put in an appearance , be interesting to see what happens when he starts cutting the maize ..