EU Chief Says 'Press Freedom Has Limits'

Jean Claude Juncker has gone on record and said that there should be limits on the freedom of the press and has accused the British media of violating politicians human rights.

He also claims that the EU could've swung Brexit to remain if David Cameron hadn't prevented them intervening.

So there you have it from the horse's mouth. You're not allowed to criticize the government and they should be allowed to meddle in sovereign nations referendums.

Hope you all use this to finally turn your back on them on your own terms.

• Like 5

The problem with the Brexit question is that it is so complicated and the real issues haven't been laid out by the government. I really don't think that anyone knows what the hell is going on. This is allowing third parties on the fringes to keep throwing  their two cents worth Into the ring. Such as tony bliar and jimmy kranky just trying it on,  to get their faces in the newspapers? We will come out because not to do so would cause a democratic precedent that the will of the peoples democratic vote had been overturned. Every election or political vote could become a nonsense.of endless challenges to try to overturn all decisions. But what out means is open to Interpretation. Junker and co might be jumping up and down but they will break at the last minute after all it wont just hit us.. every european car will have import problems along with everything that we have connections with.

10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Jean Claude Juncker has gone on record and said that there should be limits on the freedom of the press and has accused the British media of violating politicians human rights.

He also claims that the EU could've swung Brexit to remain if David Cameron hadn't prevented them intervening.

So there you have it from the horse's mouth. You're not allowed to criticize the government and they should be allowed to meddle in sovereign nations referendums.

Hope you all use this to finally turn your back on them on your own terms.

And that has always been the bottom line. We can (and have) debate all day long over the financial, social, political etc impact of Brexit/membership but the bottom line is I don't like where it's all going. It just stinks of shit. It's difficult to argue against a general bad smell without being able to show people the actual shit but it's there and often comes out of that man's mouth.

The less politicians we have the better. Genuinely, I really think full anarchy might not be that bad, considering.

f**k em, let the whole house burn down. I'm sick of their (UK establishment as well) illiberal democracy and belief that they have a right to dictate the People's will at the ballot. Democracy in name only...

• Like 5

Fella who runs the chip shop says Claude is a cnt not just any type of cnt but a full blown drunken cnt ?infact the man in the chippie and drunkener both have a lot in common , both are non elected but that’s where the similarity ends man in chip shop goes to work and man in chip shop knows the score when it comes to the non elected wankers that run the eu ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

The press should always be free to tell the truth in a balanced and unbiased way. Problem is most of it seems to be very heavily biased or consist of 'opinion about the news' rather than actual proper 'news'.. 

It's getting a bit boring all this stuff. Why should anybody else outside care. If Britain voted out then that's what the people want so it's up to the British government to pave the way and represent the voters majority not other governments to make it easy. Sort out the in house sh1t first and  what exactly is been asked because the Uk seems to be split in 2 and politicians are only making a couple of good episodes for spitting image at the moment. A dancing queen Prime minister and bumbling boris? I thought we were bad with a gay Taoiseach who wants likes on twitter with his funky socks and a leprechaun president who talks like Shakespeare. 

11 minutes ago, Malt said:

The press should always be free to tell the truth in a balanced and unbiased way. Problem is most of it seems to be very heavily biased or consist of 'opinion about the news' rather than actual proper 'news'.. 

Agreed Malt but everything ever written has a bias of some degree. The due diligence of the reader is to understand that and disseminate the information accordingly but we've reached the point in the information age where everything we agree with is canonized whilst everything we disagree with is fake news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Malt said:

The press should always be free to tell 

I'd have stopped there. It's not a free press if there's an authority examining what is 'the truth'.

Though lies may be prevalent within a free society, the truth will never be absent.

We don't have a free press in the UK anyway, the press rely on leads, tips, hints, etc from the authorities and various other bodies.   This comes with certain strings of playing the game, if they stray outside the rules they get left out of the inside information.

It tends to work reasonably well, and most of what we hear is at least based on some truth!

43 minutes ago, Deker said:

We don't have a free press in the UK anyway, the press rely on leads, tips, hints, etc from the authorities and various other bodies.   This comes with certain strings of playing the game, if they stray outside the rules they get left out of the inside information.

It tends to work reasonably well, and most of what we hear is at least based on some truth!

I've actually had this confirmed to me by a source close to a minister. A Westminster insider denied his office's involvement, but this was further challenged by a whistleblower, who showed me documents leaked by an anonymous official.