Beware - scam hunting website

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lovely thread but I,m off on me holidays now in me new Bmer with me new passport, atvb Robert ???

how does this work? Do i send the Bino's to Robert Burleigh? or can i just make a cash donation,forgotten how these scams work?

If it was someone who I liked was scammed from them , I’d make the effort to drive the nearly 20 miles ,  but I can think of Better things to do with my time an a gallon of diesel ?

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Scammers site

any idea who the website host is?

my breif whois searches didnt pull any name up,

with what info we have

i would contact the host and get the site pulled.

this is taking me back to my 419eater days

just love fckng with scammers

1543988463_WHOISsearchresults.png.d6b4ce829b9da214722b1c3775375ed5.png

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Deker said:

I'm a bit lost here really, I would have thought someone on this site had been there, or someone must be in the general area and could check it out with a visit?

:thumbs:

Looking at the OP with the limited information it appears to be an attempted mail-order scam.

Personally, I don't do a great deal of online shopping outside of well-known retailers. When I do I try to do a little research on them beforehand like running their physical address through a search engine and doing a basic research on their website and look for any customer reviews.

I've also got my bank to monitor transactions on my card in case they're used outside of predesignated areas and if I do use a new site I get them to white-list it if I'm going to use it in the future. Any out of state or international transactions are blacklisted until I clear them personally. Might sound paranoid but I've had attempted transactions for hotels and such placed and my bank's anti-fraud team have been really good at preventing any out of pocket hits on my account. The most inconvenient issue I've had is having to go into my branch and have a new card issued. I know enough people that have been cleaned out to look at this as necessary measures and it's only mildly inconvenient.

Just now, ArchieHood said:

Address

CHASE SHOOT LTD

7 & 8 CHURCH STREET 
WIMBORNE 
DORSET 
BH21 1JH
(539 companies also use this postcode, this might be a mail forwarding service address)

Which in itself wouldn't be an issue if they weren't trying to get people to believe they have an active shop open by appearing to use someone else's pictures.

http://chase-shoot.co.uk/pages/our-shop.html

Do we have any local detectives? :laugh:

40 minutes ago, Deker said:

I'm a bit lost here really, I would have thought someone on this site had been there, or someone must be in the general area and could check it out with a visit?

:thumbs:

If it was someone who I liked was scammed from them , I’d make the effort to drive the nearly 20 miles , 

but I can think of Better things to do with my time an a gallon of diesel ?

• Haha 4
25 minutes ago, si brown said:

villaman is from there!

apart from his website being sh1t and not secure hes been trading for 4 1/2 years above board

Never heard of it and the post code is on a industrial state about 4 miles from Wimborne