optimum distance for long net from hedge

bobhow

I brought my long nets on Ebay, got a couple of 50yrd Quicksets in the basket. They're made with standard nylon netting material. They work well, but have been tangled a few time and I need to have a good sort out and re-tie them up. There is a lot of bagging on them. 

• Like 1

Our teacher of all things to do with ferreting, always says we have net too close to bury, and dogs should be kept away from holes not left running round hole to hole and we should stand well back out of sight

Of course we don't listen to him and every time we have to dig he says you wouldn't need to do that if you done things my way?

2 hours ago, Chaff said:

Our teacher of all things to do with ferreting, always says we have net too close to bury, and dogs should be kept away from holes not left running round hole to hole and we should stand well back out of sight

Of course we don't listen to him and every time we have to dig he says you wouldn't need to do that if you done things my way?

Any man who tells you that you don't have to dig is a fool or a liar probably both  digging is part of the game always was,  always will be .

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, micky said:

Any man who tells you that you don't have to dig is a fool or a liar probably both  digging is part of the game always was,  always will be .

What he getting at is you get more bolters if they see no evil or hear no evil on top.

Oh and he don't use collars and locater because his ferrets don't lay up at all. ?

They do of course and its right pain in the arse when they do.

Also he once owned ferrets that were trained to a bosons whistle.?

The long netting section has some great threads going back over the years. Some real knowledge and memories to folks since passed. Inevitably one day this site will gone and it will all be gone. Some one should whack it in a book for posterity 

• Like 1