sika stag

got this fella a couple of weeks ago, i was watching a long rushy feild 500 yrds long running down hill with clear cut forestry on 1 side and young trees on other.i had seen deer a couple of evenings before but lost light before i could get a shot, i stalked down to the bottom of feild as wind didnt suit from top.it wasnt a great evening with heavy showers so i was only half interested. the light was fading fast so i started to make my way back up when i spotted a dark shape coming through the clear cut heading into my feild. he jumped the fence and moved into a thick patch of ruches and stopped. all i could see was his head so the shot wasnt on at that range, for 10 mins the stag stayed there watching and light was fading fast. as i was on sticks watching him i seen antlers walk past my scope and a pricket had just jumped into the feild he stopped and looked straight ap at stag who was 180 yrds or so from him.the stag then turned and headed uo hill away from me so i thought my chance was gone he then turned broudside and i got the shot. the pricket never moved after the shot so i took him aswell.no great pics as was will dark the time i had them out.

my fone sep 18 032.jpg

my fone sep 18 028.jpg

my fone sep 18 034.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...