Shit will hit the fan

I think this whole YouTube highlights revolution has been pretty good for fact-checking in general. With the popularity of selectively edited video clips, it's default setting is now one of suspicion of the posters intentions.

With selectively edited videos such as this, the emphasis is to bring the alleged perpetrators into disrepute but now because of the format choice most people either won't watch it or treat it with the suspicion it deserves.

It won't convince those that it targets due to the editing and it will only confirm those that disagree with the cull's already cemented opinion. The people that aren't on either side of the debate will just treat it as white noise.

That's a positive step in just a couple of years.

I’m surprised that the BBC took the word of an activist group. This group carry out vandalism on keepers traps and those used legally in the badger cull. It was something and nothing, a badger kicking after being shot for a few seconds. Just sensationalism by the biased BBC

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, cragman said:

I’m surprised that the BBC took the word of an activist group. This group carry out vandalism on keepers traps and those used legally in the badger cull. It was something and nothing, a badger kicking after being shot for a few seconds. Just sensationalism by the biased BBC

i wouldn;t be suprised by any thing the bbc put on or say.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, cragman said:

The BBC also employ  Chris Packam....

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, northern lad said:

The BBC also employ  Chris Packam....

No they don’t, he’s a freelance apparently. Been through that many times complaining about him. He tends to go quiet just before springwatch/autumnwatch though! 

3 hours ago, cragman said:

No they don’t, he’s a freelance apparently. Been through that many times complaining about him. He tends to go quiet just before springwatch/autumnwatch though! 

Freelance or not ...if they pay him,they employ him,albeit on a temporary basis...surely???

17 hours ago, baker boy said:

From the article;

The Hunt Investigation Team said the badger in the video was "just one of the 42,000 sentenced to death in the cruel, unscientific cull".

Load of emotional bollocks

It was cruel and unscientific when they gave a rather destructive mammal, the same protection as the dodo, when the ban came in I can remember saying to people this will lead to overpopulation and conflict with humans, obviously I was talking shit at the time but 30 odd years later here we are, in my younger days seeing a badger when out with the lamp was an odd once a night experience today there are more badgers than rabbits out at night and things like hares and hedgehogs along with the dairy farmers are all paying a hefty price, why allow people who live in towns and have probably never seen a badger, over rule the people that have to live with the black and white plague, the fact you can kill 42000 and still be over populated shows how bad the situation has become but no one is high lighting that 

• Like 7