First cross bull whippets

8 hours ago, bird said:

yeh even though from a 1x bred dog  which is 4/8s x 4/8s of 2 breeds, my self like the bass blood the dam, and running dog the sire. my 2   1xs  Bryn  collie sire , dam greyhound , he looks more like lurcher than Buck who 1x gsd x grey, dam the gsd , sire razzmtazz the greyhound, Buck got better stamina, and fast as  Bryn after  couple yards, Buck top end just as fast as what Bryn was in his day. i think in some ways people use the running dog as the dam, because the look of the  animal, and greyhounds etc  are easy to obtain .!

That's what I've found,if the bitch is the running dog the % of pups that are leggy is greater than the other way round.If they are faster or better hunters I couldn't say as I've always kept the leggy pups.

Edited by Aussie Whip

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just an update lads not that you care this is my pup now he just turned 4 months old he’s making a lovely dog ??

Genuine first cross. 

That’s as close as I’ve got of him side on. Couple weeks back this was. ??

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

That's what I've found,if the bitch is the running dog the % of pups that are leggy is greater than the other way round.If they are faster or better hunters I couldn't say as I've always kept the leggy pups.

Some say it makes no difference but there's a lot ta be said that welps seem ta throw ta brood that's a damn fact atb bill

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 15/02/2019 at 20:57, Penda said:

Pup I've just got in bull whippet grey 

20190214_204135.jpg

you still got  your gsd x lurcher as well,?  thought you had another lurcher ,and the pure gsd bitch  as a guard . lovely pup  was it bullx grey x whippet x grey   bred ?  and local ?.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bird said:

you still got  your gsd x lurcher as well,?  thought you had another lurcher ,and the pure gsd bitch  as a guard . lovely pup  was it bullx grey x whippet x grey   bred ?  and local ?.

Yeah I've got me hands full still my gsd lurcher bitch she's more of a daytime dog loves to use the nose and me lads got his whippet x dog but I've always been more of a bullx type person they suite me more mate I'l always favour a decent 1 she's from north Wales originally dad's a straight bull mom's whippet grey mate 

1 hour ago, Penda said:

Pic from the other day of mine my pals pup in the back ground 

20190407_191823.jpg

Sounds like good breeding that  above,your like me  I like drop of bulldog  in a lurcher,and as you know I had 3 before  all good dogs mine were straight  pit x greys  with nour other  breed in the x. And I reckon you need a other breed  in them to get better  stamina and agility,whippet or saluki will do that. If just around a hole with terrier  the 1x etc are spot on ,but long runs hard night you need something like you got.

2 hours ago, bird said:

Sounds like good breeding that  above,your like me  I like drop of bulldog  in a lurcher,and as you know I had 3 before  all good dogs mine were straight  pit x greys  with nour other  breed in the x. And I reckon you need a other breed  in them to get better  stamina and agility,whippet or saluki will do that. If just around a hole with terrier  the 1x etc are spot on ,but long runs hard night you need something like you got.

Yeah I just want a dog with a nice burst of speed with nice bit of drive and plenty game I'l be more then happy she ticks them boxes 

• Like 1