First cross bull whippets

Looks a well raised pup that,it sounds like a useful cross ive been doing some research on bull/grey/whippet as in 25% bull 25% grey 50% whippet obviously a touch more rangey than straight bull/whippet but looking at that pup it looks plenty rangey enough,be interested to see it in 6 months time.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just an update lads not that you care this is my pup now he just turned 4 months old he’s making a lovely dog ??

Genuine first cross. 

That’s as close as I’ve got of him side on. Couple weeks back this was. ??

Posted Images

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Looks a well raised pup that,it sounds like a useful cross ive been doing some research on bull/grey/whippet as in 25% bull 25% grey 50% whippet obviously a touch more rangey than straight bull/whippet but looking at that pup it looks plenty rangey enough,be interested to see it in 6 months time.

Keep checking on the post as I’ll keep putting updates on. 

Just found this old photo of a breeding I did a good few years back.19 1/2" 42lb bulldog bitch from exceptionally good breeding and well worked.22 1/2 42lb whippet mostly M Browns breeding.Not one of the litter had enough gears to be really efficient for anything that took any catching.

Screenshot_20190207-120108_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:27, downsouth said:

Just found this old photo of a breeding I did a good few years back.19 1/2" 42lb bulldog bitch from exceptionally good breeding and well worked.22 1/2 42lb whippet mostly M Browns breeding.Not one of the litter had enough gears to be really efficient for anything that took any catching.

Screenshot_20190207-120108_Gallery.jpg

I think you would have got a couple of faster ones the other way round.

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The pups were no different in build to 1st crosses ive seen done the other way round in fact they were taller and racier looking than a lot ive seen.Maybe i just expected more from them than some people.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, downsouth said:

The pups were no different in build to 1st crosses ive seen done the other way round in fact they were taller and racier looking than a lot ive seen.Maybe i just expected more from them than some people.

yeh even though from a 1x bred dog  which is 4/8s x 4/8s of 2 breeds, my self like the bass blood the dam, and running dog the sire. my 2   1xs  Bryn  collie sire , dam greyhound , he looks more like lurcher than Buck who 1x gsd x grey, dam the gsd , sire razzmtazz the greyhound, Buck got better stamina, and fast as  Bryn after  couple yards, Buck top end just as fast as what Bryn was in his day. i think in some ways people use the running dog as the dam, because the look of the  animal, and greyhounds etc  are easy to obtain .!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

They allways far superior speed wise using non ped whippets had em both ways ped xes and non ped xes the non peds have that early and top end speed much needed in this type a xs ,it his a wasteful xs I found using ped whippets .atb bill

• Like 2