Not eating

1 hour ago, Str said:

Some cooked fish even poorly dogs will eat it, if it turns it’s nose up try by hand if no joy take it to vets.

All my dogs get is fish I get from work for free salmon heads the lot and the Dogs look better then when I fed them just game 

46 minutes ago, TOPPER said:

raw fresh tripe no dog can resist that , patients mate he ll eat just needs time to adjust 

Have to agree there, if any of mine refused tripe I’d be thinking they’re not going to make it through the night. Lol. 

I got my misses a irish wolfhound bitch and she was about 2 years old,fecking thing didn't eat for a week and i was eating a banana and just offered her a bit in the off chance she would take it and she did.She then walked straight to her food bowl finished that off and then begged for more,she never was a great eater but she just came round in her own time as no chance are you ever forcing a wolfhound to do anything they don't ant to do..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, martnmagik said:

We have progress... He's just eaten a carrot top ?maybe later he will eat?

I had a greyhound a few years ago he was a racing dog but when ever i would go on holiday or any reason he would have to be sent to my old mans mates kennel he wouldbt eat for days sometimes a week no matter what u offered him sound like hes just pulling his face to me

6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd give the dog some one on one time and bond with him.Probably a loyal type missing his master and pack.I've found the harder dogs are more sensitive in this respect.Once you get his trust he will warm up to you,after all they are not machines.

I agree with you 100%. Those are the type of dog's I would never give up and seem to put a little more into there work.

• Like 1