Trail cam advice

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can anyone tell me if trail cameras are any good for small woodland birds or can be triggered by sparrow hawks or buzzards ??? i do a lot of wildlife photography and have set up a feeding stat

Alright mate I run trail cameras for a hobby and I have caught owls, bats, blue/great tits are very common in spring as they think the lense is a hole and try to get in to nest even moths trigger them

With those GPS cams you need the gps land location were you are putting them if some fckr takes it and moves from that spot the cam wont work very clever

Posted Images

11 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Some awesome photos ... Intrigued by the songbirds with rings. Anything you've done?

Thank you very much pal, to be honest when I first started Wildlife photography I became a member of Natural History Society Northumbria and started going to one of their nature reserves where they have hides and also do a lot of bird ringing, although I’m not a huge fan of ringing i understand why they do it for monitoring purposes etc...

Now with time, experience and learning I’ve set my own hide up and often locate wildlife on my own which is a million times for satisfying ?

If it’s bird ringing you’re interested in then might be best to get in touch with BTO or local bird club.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, zandy01 said:

Thank you very much pal, to be honest when I first started Wildlife photography I became a member of Natural History Society Northumbria and started going to one of their nature reserves where they have hides and also do a lot of bird ringing, although I’m not a huge fan of ringing i understand why they do it for monitoring purposes etc...

Now with time, experience and learning I’ve set my own hide up and often locate wildlife on my own which is a million times for satisfying ?

If it’s bird ringing you’re interested in then might be best to get in touch with BTO or local bird club.

No I'm not interested in the ringing as such, was interested by the fact you had at least 3 birds with rings in your photos - 2 more then I've ever seen ?

• Haha 2