Squishing day

Time to start pressing this years cider apples. Opened a few bottles of last years as well. 

I brought some Somerset scrumpy back over the weekend, it's not a patch on the stuff we make. Ours is clear and sparkling, I simply can't understand how they make such shite. 

DSC_0758.JPG

DSC_0759.JPG

DSC_0757.JPG

• Like 8

people that say cider is manky ain't drunk the good matured stuff. A bloke that I know makes it and the pizz artists are knocking on his door asking for a bottle about a week after it is started and its still green. If that stuff is dru k they'd probably by on the pan for some time. He works his liquid for several years and it isn't anything like woodpecker or strongbow ect. It is very nice to drink and 3/4 of a plastic cup has the ability to take your legs. You don't get a headache.  It's some potent tackle. Not something that you'd  sink a pint of.

50 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Cider is fcuking manky? id rather drink darkies bile?

I spent a couple of hours doing 20 litres yesterday. Will let you try a drop when it’s ready.....proper gear....but if you’d prefer a drop of darkies bile ...

22 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Time to start pressing this years cider apples. Opened a few bottles of last years as well. 

I brought some Somerset scrumpy back over the weekend, it's not a patch on the stuff we make. Ours is clear and sparkling, I simply can't understand how they make such shite. 

DSC_0758.JPG

DSC_0759.JPG

DSC_0757.JPG

The Somerset scrumpy sold in jars is for tourists virtually un drinkable and only fit for degreasing engines, proper cider makers like roger Wilkins, Ben crossmans and Richie's is the real macoy and far more palletable, cider is made with cider apples like the kingstone black or dabanai not cookers and eaters, clear sparkling cider is for birds and still cloudy gear for men I believe you can get a black rat rubharb scrumpy that seems very popular though it's not for me, as I am all man and like a few rats tails in mine ?

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I hope you ain’t on that stuff when your seeing these big cats pal?

I ain't seeing much of anything when I,m on that stuff mate just the bedroom ceiling going round like a merry go round ??