collie stud

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you know me then Morton or are you a good judge of charachter over a computer screen cause  thats your argument or view f****d then cause i dont sell dogs .i had a lad come from england for a saluk

Go for it Jiggy, the ole collie /grey stays deep within me, good clever dogs, my first was way back in 1958 a young 14 year old Boy, my uncles working Hill collie bitch, x Cotton king ( waterloo cup w

I've had some really nice greyhounds over the years,..fabulous creatures,...caught plenty of Hares and Roe with them...  I admire their determination,... to come to terms with their quarry,...I l

Posted Images

ive seen a lot of variation size and build wise in first crosses. i know old hancocker comes in for some stick but ive seen a few bitches a long time ago out of the stud rufus that were crackers and had a real good racy build and ive seen the flip side and some first cross that wouldnt be out of place pulling a cart.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, darbo said:

ive seen a lot of variation size and build wise in first crosses. i know old hancocker comes in for some stick but ive seen a few bitches a long time ago out of the stud rufus that were crackers and had a real good racy build and ive seen the flip side and some first cross that wouldnt be out of place pulling a cart.

Same wi first crosses of any sort 

Expect sight hound 2 sight hound of course 

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Same wi first crosses of any sort 

Expect sight hound 2 sight hound of course 

ive not seen any bedlington/grey first crosses look like they could pull a cart ;lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:04, border lad said:

Go for it Jiggy, the ole collie /grey stays deep within me, good clever dogs, my first was way back in 1958 a young 14 year old Boy, my uncles working Hill collie bitch, x Cotton king ( waterloo cup winner, and back in those days Hill collies could work, pace stamina, and Brains, No Quad bikes, every body had to work back in those days or simple you did not EAT, The collie bitch was tyed up in the wee cow byre, Cotton king his kennels was only about 200yards away down at the bottom of the field, He escaped from his pen, and the byre door was a little bit open enough for the dog to get in, were the bitch was, a couple months later an un wanted litter of pups was born, I begged my Grannie to let me keep this black dog pup with a white blaze, down his chest, the mating was just a pure accident, (( truth)) that is when I fell in love with my Lurchers, we are talking of 60 years Ago, I bred my wee black bitch this summer,  she is Saluki/whippet/greyhound, just under 23"  mated to a very good Scottish dog he was 9 years old my disappointment she only had one pup a Black dog pup,  is this a coincidence, I know this will be my last Lurcher pup to rear and enter, ((((  as they say spirit is strong but the flesh is weak,

Great story image.png.0c08dbf069ca4034d0edac3e2a5adbdc.png

www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=50632

Edited by Sean Hartigan
  • Like 3

I’ve posted this before ...

I had a dog many years ago who was predominately collie , the rest whippet greyhound 

I took that old dog everywhere, as in everywhere, he would wait on me at school and we’d go out, if I was playing football he’d sit at the side and wait , weirdly I never saw him asleep, ever, if you were awake he was! 

that little collie dog doddled up Lake District hills , swam rivers, ran miles daily, went beating with me for pheasants and foxes , Work the lamp Like a hoover , find rabbits were they didn’t know they were themselves and would do anything I commanded instantly, 

he cost me 5 pounds and was only ever at the vets for his jags and two stitching sessions , one on his leg and one on sliced toes. He was the very epitome of robust! 

he died at the age of 13 when I was at the other end of the country  , in his sleep,  my mam knew he was dead when he wasn’t stood in the kitchen on a Saturday morning when she got up

He was my first running dog and although other better faster stronger dogs came and went , none have had the connection I had with Kade. 

One of biggest regrets was to never breed that dog , 

he would have been perfect over a lovely fast sal grey bitch 

get it lined mate, what’s the worst that could happen? 
  • Like 7
On 30/09/2018 at 19:49, Phil Lloyd said:

I've had some really nice greyhounds over the years,..fabulous creatures,...caught plenty of Hares and Roe with them...

I admire their determination,... to come to terms with their quarry,...I like Greyhounds...:yes:

File0412.jpg.1aa1fa2247698f596614906032728a9c.jpg

I like that stamp of dog Phil 

i like a dog with a dash more grey than anything else for the day game 

was it one of those notorious “desperate killers” 

• Like 1
On 14 October 2018 at 11:49, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

On 14 October 2018 at 11:49, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Lol don't know about notorious looks like a west mead hound ,nice type atb bill

• 9 months later...
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:04, jigsaw said:

was chatting to a mate yesterday and informed him i PTS my kelpie x last week and i was thinking of looking for a replacement in time ,,he was telling me of a neighbouring farmer friend that has a working collie ,,herds sheep off the hill alone and works cattle as well..he then told me the same man lamps with the collie too and it has in the past caught and KILLED  fox single handed ..he has attended lots of digs where the terriers were excavated and they let the collie draw the fox  and it finished the job...he has caught rabbits in the pitch dark,,when out with the owner and hunts cover after birds or fur ...surely you couldnt find a better stud for a 1st x..and i have a greyhound bitch due to break in the next month or so and it got me thinking ...what do you guys reckon ,,any minuses that you may envisage 

Is this the same bitch you have put the kelpie over? what changed your mind about using the collie?

It came down to a few things,...lack of height and it didn't look the type I wanted, a bit cur shaped...plus it was a bit of a nasty c**t,and a litter the dog previously sired,none came over 23-24 ..inches.

• Haha 1