Catch a bullshitter

Right a mate of mine rang me yesterday to ask me whether a bloke he works with is talking shit or not ... this fella told him he had altered a .177 air rifle to 100 lbs for foot and that he was hitting  the bullsey on a target out to 125 meters. Now I obviously told him that this was a load of bollox but it would be good to follow up with some written evidence and proof ... so where better to ask than here ........

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The recommended muzzle-energy punch for FAC .177 air rifle tuning is about 16 to 18 foot pounds of energy, as a general rule of thumb, if you are to combine increased power with effective accuracy.

I saw this interesting video of fac .177 a while back and this is only 25 ft lbs.  

It took Daystate years to develop the Wolverine 303 which shoots at 100 ft/lbs so maybe your  mates "mate" is in the wrong job.Wouldn't of thought .177 would carry that far but then I am an expert on

Hes talking BS , All 177 start to lose accuracy after 50 yards, both sub 12 and fac thats why 100 yard bench shooting is done with .22/.25 and some .30. Yet hes trying to say his mates gun is bulls eyeing at 125 metres ( 136.7 yards ) ?

Edited by MickC

I suppose for someone that knows what they're doing, it could be possible but, to do it with just air would require a lot of reengineering - their wouldn't be a lot of the original rifle left.

The heaviest .177 pellet that I can think of is the H&N Sniper Magnum at 15gn - that would have to be going at 1732fps to reach 100ftlb.

........ It would probably be f****d before it left the barrel and, probably wouldn't fly well.

I'd say it's bullshit.

• Like 2