Good Running dog books?

Just bought j.darcys book 'scooby' should be here next week so hopefully its a good read... johnny blucks book the terriers and terriermen of ireland has some interesting pics in them, however i dont think some of the stuff thats in them terrier books should ever have been published to the public. Its only Educating the ignorant ... 

• Like 3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's good to hear that hunting lads are still keen to peruse a few books?  I remember buying Ted Walsh's, 'Lurchers and Longdogs... Bookwise, the lurcherman had not been well served before t

dave harcombe gave me a signed copy  of the great game for something I wrote in the earth dog running dog, it is a decent read but written by someone that spent a lifetime doing the job, not ten minue

Running dog maintenance good read 

Posted Images

It's good to hear that hunting lads are still keen to peruse a few books? 

I remember buying Ted Walsh's, 'Lurchers and Longdogs...

Bookwise, the lurcherman had not been well served before this,..then suddenly the floodgates opened and we all had something to enjoy.

The tide had turned,..great times lay ahead, everything was so fresh, so new,.. and so exciting...:yes:

14115599_photo2TheAuthor(right)indiscussionwithTedWalsh(cent.jpg.253e5c95eb0352a59eaf1994c15582ff.jpg

• Like 9
40 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Bookwise, the lurcherman had not been well served before this,..then suddenly the floodgates opened and we all had something to enjoy.

The tide had turned,..great times lay ahead, everything was so fresh, so new,.. and so exciting...:yes:

14115599_photo2TheAuthor(right)indiscussionwithTedWalsh(cent.jpg.253e5c95eb0352a59eaf1994c15582ff.jpg

Your books are the bestest Phil ??

• Like 2

I have to thank Brian Plummer for his Rogues and Running Dogs and Tales of a Rat Hunting Man for opening up my eyes about lurchers and terriers as a young teenager and regardless of what is said about the man, for that i am eternally greatful.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

that white flat cap still anoyes me

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Phil Drabble's Pedigree Unknown still stands -up.  The original edition came out in the mid sixties and though some of his thoughts might not find favour with the "Hard Lads"  it's honest.

And dare I say DBP 's later tales of rat hunting adventures won't seem so original after you've read it.

• Like 4