Good Running dog books?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's good to hear that hunting lads are still keen to peruse a few books?  I remember buying Ted Walsh's, 'Lurchers and Longdogs... Bookwise, the lurcherman had not been well served before t

dave harcombe gave me a signed copy  of the great game for something I wrote in the earth dog running dog, it is a decent read but written by someone that spent a lifetime doing the job, not ten minue

Running dog maintenance good read 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, two crows said:

most of the book writers talk about other peoples success and experience, trying to make a name based on exaggerated bull shit, there like men in the coursing game that have one half decent dog, big it up to make a name for them selves, then you find they even bought that in as a made dog.

Think I know who you mean .lol

• Like 1

Phil Drabble  of pedigree unknown. Good read.

Darcy's books I have a few signed ones including of dogs and deer.

Poachers companion by Walsh another good one I thought.

I still enjoy Plummer story's rouges and running dogs, lepus, are a couple of good ones

• Like 1

Only lurcher book i ever read was  that lamping one from darcy.... Honestly thought it was f***ing shite and threw it in the thl fishing comp raffle few weeks back, i read harcombes terrier books when he brings them out, would sooner be out doing it than reading about someone elses exploits ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, steve66 said:

Omega and tales of a rat hunter where two good reads and the great game is worth alook 

dave harcombe gave me a signed copy  of the great game for something I wrote in the earth dog running dog, it is a decent read but written by someone that spent a lifetime doing the job, not ten minuets.

• Like 6

a mouchers tale good read mainly as I remember the time well myself expcially giro day being like Appleby fair ? lol lurchers n longdogs and of pedigree unknown by drabble, the old ones are usually always the best ? but if it a fairy tale yam after plummers are a dead cert lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1