Good Running dog books?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's good to hear that hunting lads are still keen to peruse a few books?  I remember buying Ted Walsh's, 'Lurchers and Longdogs... Bookwise, the lurcherman had not been well served before t

dave harcombe gave me a signed copy  of the great game for something I wrote in the earth dog running dog, it is a decent read but written by someone that spent a lifetime doing the job, not ten minue

Running dog maintenance good read 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, poxon said:

I agree with you to a extent mate I’ve had my nose in one or two books in my time most of these books are just piggy backed of each other An slightly reworded most are bullshit once you’ve read one there all the same and you finish the book none the wiser I don’t see the point in reading about someone else’s bigged up experiences it’s just story’s to sell

The contradict umsens an all 

• Like 1

most of the book writers talk about other peoples success and experience, trying to make a name based on exaggerated bull shit, there like men in the coursing game that have one half decent dog, big it up to make a name for them selves, then you find they even bought that in as a made dog.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've only read one three lurcher books one was lurchers and long dogs by frank sheardown I think, two by penny taylor running dog maintenance I always have my head in that, and can't t think of the name of the other one but it was a good read, she has a good style of writing that anyone can understand, did she write any more books 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peterhunter86 said:

I've only read one three lurcher books one was lurchers and long dogs by frank sheardown I think, two by penny taylor running dog maintenance I always have my head in that, and can't t think of the name of the other one but it was a good read, she has a good style of writing that anyone can understand, did she write any more books 

Tales from the field

Running Dog Addiction was the game changer IMO, all the rest since are much of a much. The Hare and the Swift Hound is a really nicely presented book as is Of Dogs and Deer. If Darcy did a terrier book in the style of Dogs and Deer it would be a book most would buy I'd imagine.