For a few days fly torture on med mullet ?every year sees another clash with the pardete mullet 1 take and 1 eyeball in the 10 or so yrs I’ve chucked a bit of fluff ther way  had a few grey thick lipped along the way but the big pardete have remained uncatcjable to me . Done a fair bit of research for this trip so I guess a blank is on the cards lol 

If anyone like to add a bit of info on mullet plz do FF4116F8-B807-42A5-8C1E-882F39B99BEB.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

Best bait by a country mile is Sprat fillet imo, stitched in and out up the trace then two fingers above the fillet on the trace and pulled down into a ball. In Alderney the locals use pork cubes and a rubby dubby of pork mashed up in water.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Don't know if this is any help but down on the South Coast fly fishermen do well catching them on flies tied to represent the sandfly maggots that get washed out the rotting seaweed on the shore as the tide comes in. You can tie a good imitation by using a small strip of latex glove wrapped around the hook.

http://www.mikeladle.com/tackle/tackle129.html

• Like 1

Things not working out so far , have been warned off from fishing the nature park by the wardens verbally , have been threatend with a 2,000 Euro fine by the guarda for trying to fish the offshore bird sanctuary and this morning having hired a bike and spent an hour or two playing cat n mouse with the park wardens for trying to fish near the flamingo lagoons  seen a few big grey mullet but no pardete  havnt got a plan b except consume vast amounts of beer wine and local food so I’m struggling at the moment we’ll sort of ?

432DB81A-BA4A-4C55-BFE9-1B00940CB3C5.jpeg

F89B4BE4-43DB-4C5F-BB18-22505584AECE.jpeg

98A68F5C-6E22-4D07-8849-5A6BB76A2E70.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 5