Number 40

2 hours ago, Deker said:

FFS, they have NOT banned PEST CONTROL on ANY land!

This Thread is about PEST CONTROL, do you have a problem reading, go preach to tree huggers elseware!

Yep they banned pheasant shooting. However, any ban is just the tip of the iceberg.

As for being a tree hugger, I'm no tree hugger, I shoot. However, perhaps you need to change your attitude Mr. Deker. The world is changing and days of simply sticking 2 fingers up at those who don't agree with your sport are gone. The BASC and others are going all out to put forward the positives of shooting. It doesn't help to undo that with attitudes that simply enrage antis rather than explain the good reasons was to why shooting is necessary.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got fox number 40 last week at the shoot. That’s 40 shot since January on 500 acres. That should have gone a good way to helping the poults, now to just control Charlie numbers and to stop the Ba$#a

I think that the voting public generally would struggle to accept the idea of killing for fun and can rationalise the need for pest control more readily. I personally only shoot foxes when Ive got to

Well done. The fox rescue center round the corner must be right proud that none of em are coming back.:)

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Yep they banned pheasant shooting. However, any ban is just the tip of the iceberg.

As for being a tree hugger, I'm no tree hugger, I shoot. However, perhaps you need to change your attitude Mr. Deker. The world is changing and days of simply sticking 2 fingers up at those who don't agree with your sport are gone. The BASC and others are going all out to put forward the positives of shooting. It doesn't help to undo that with attitudes that simply enrage antis rather than explain the good reasons was to why shooting is necessary.

FFS, they have NOT banned PEST CONTROL on ANY land!

This Thread is about PEST CONTROL, do you have a problem reading, go preach to tree huggers elseware!

This thread is not about Sport shooters aimlessly wiping out any species of any animal, which part of that don't you understand?

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
On 01/10/2018 at 16:44, wilbur foxhound said:

Are your dens being done with terriers,in the winter/spring time as forty is a lot for 500 acres,however well done,atb wf 

We have three different hunts over the ground. Doesn’t say much for their terrier men...

47 minutes ago, Jarvis said:

We have three different hunts over the ground. Doesn’t say much for their terrier men...

If it's anything like ours, 500 acres shooting land won't hold a lot of dens anyway, I've nailed a lot more than 40 on our ground in the last year, but can say we have only ever had one den on it in the last 3 years.

They cover a lot of ground in an evening, and they will often find a nice untouched  bit of land, ours use a local nature reserve.

2 hours ago, Jarvis said:

Haha! Never realised shooting 40 foxes would start such a debate!  

I’m not posting how many I’ve had on my patch , could start WW111 ? . And I will be moaning cos there’s no work for my terriers . If I left fox control up to the hunt , I’d be out of a job . I love hunting , it’s my passion . But it’s got nothing at all to do with pest control . If I had a boss that was passionate about hunting and was willing to put more birds down to offset what foxes kill  , I’d never kill any foxes on the shoot , but that’s not the case for me . The shooting comes first .

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m not posting how many I’ve had on my patch , could start WW111 ? . And I will be moaning cos there’s no work for my terriers . If I left fox control up to the hunt , I’d be out of a job . I love hunting , it’s my passion . But it’s got nothing at all to do with pest control . If I had a boss that was passionate about hunting and was willing to put more birds down to offset what foxes kill  , I’d never kill any foxes on the shoot , but that’s not the case for me . The shooting comes first .

I went to a hunt ball this year with my Mrs and some friends, I had to keep a low profile. I’m not too popular with the local hunts! Haha! Fox control defo can’t be left to the hunts! It’s just fustrating when they are on the shoot and the put a Charlie to ground. Anywhere else I would doth my cap to it but on the shoot m we obviously want all foxes delt with. The terrier man turned up to the earth and went “nah that’s too deep..” it was two holes in a small bank! 

I often go out with the terrier man and help him . I’ve got to say he’s very good . Most places we hunt don’t have a “everything must die “ policy . But on shoots it’s left to the discretion of the Keeper. The main meet on my shoot is in March so we can let them do as they please. 

21 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I often go out with the terrier man and help him . I’ve got to say he’s very good . Most places we hunt don’t have a “everything must die “ policy . But on shoots it’s left to the discretion of the Keeper. The main meet on my shoot is in March so we can let them do as they please. 

Oh don't get me wrong I know some great terrier men and great huntsmen! I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. It's like all things, some people are better at their job than others. I just think it's bad to say no it's too deep (when it really isnt) when you've been asked to dig Charlie out if he goes to ground. 

4 minutes ago, Jarvis said:

Oh don't get me wrong I know some great terrier men and great huntsmen! I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. It's like all things, some people are better at their job than others. I just think it's bad to say no it's too deep (when it really isnt) when you've been asked to dig Charlie out if he goes to ground. 

Could be all sorts of reasons, have you got antis bothering you ? Most terrier men I know can’t wait to get stuck in . It may be the powers that be have given him instructions.??

14 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Could be all sorts of reasons, have you got antis bothering you ? Most terrier men I know can’t wait to get stuck in . It may be the powers that be have given him instructions.??

Touch wood we don’t get anti trouble around us. I’m not too worried though it just gives me another job to do ?