Hush power 4.10s any good?

They’re quiet, I have one. I also have a mossberg pump hushpower 20 gauge which is much more effective than the fourten and not a lot louder. I use Eley Hi-Flyer fibre wad in the 20. Quiet and effective. It depends what you need, but overall, I’d have the twenty over the fourten.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi str iv had a couple of hushpower .410,'s too and as rime fire boy says - they are very quiet. I treated mine as 25 yard guns. Even with 3 inch magnums the noise sounds like and is as loud as a hammer hitting a chisel.  I have a black synthetic 20 bore pump hushpower now its has become my go to gun (and only shotgun at the moment) the single barrel baikal .410 is very limiting as in range and obviously shot capacity and I got frustrated. The mossberg pump has 3 shots and is still quiet. I'd also choose the 20 over the .410 as I bet you will soon want a 20 bore version.

Hi rimefireboy! I hope you don't mind me asking, have you tried eley vip 32 gram 5 fibe wads in your 20 bore hush power?  Iv just picked up 250 but not had chance to try them.  

• Thanks 1

As above I have the moss berg 20 pump, hush power cracking gun, I will get the 410 though, to use in close proximity to the buildings/ cow sheds, over the winter when they are occupied, I don’t think you can beat 410 up close, with the 2 inch cartridge, which are in my opinion better than the 9mm garden gun, and through a moderated gun, are as quiet as you will ever get, I will be trading my side by side 410 this yr for a modified one,I suppose it all depends, on what you are wanting to shoot,

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, tomburras said:

Hi str iv had a couple of hushpower .410,'s too and as rime fire boy says - they are very quiet. I treated mine as 25 yard guns. Even with 3 inch magnums the noise sounds like and is as loud as a hammer hitting a chisel.  I have a black synthetic 20 bore pump hushpower now its has become my go to gun (and only shotgun at the moment) the single barrel baikal .410 is very limiting as in range and obviously shot capacity and I got frustrated. The mossberg pump has 3 shots and is still quiet. I'd also choose the 20 over the .410 as I bet you will soon want a 20 bore version.

Hi rimefireboy! I hope you don't mind me asking, have you tried eley vip 32 gram 5 fibe wads in your 20 bore hush power?  Iv just picked up 250 but not had chance to try them.  

Haven’t tried the 32 gram vip’s tom. I think they’re a faster cartridge though, so will be a bit louder I reckon? Fibre wad hi-flyers are subsonic in 20 gauge.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Haven’t tried the 32 gram vip’s tom. I think they’re a faster cartridge though, so will be a bit louder I reckon? Fibre wad hi-flyers are subsonic in 20 gauge.

I was hoping with them been a heavier load they might be a bit slower.  But if not never mind! I'll try some of them hi-flyers think you for that.

7 minutes ago, tomburras said:

I was hoping with them been a heavier load they might be a bit slower.  But if not never mind! I'll try some of them hi-flyers think you for that.

The hi-flyers are brilliant in my hushpower. I’ve also got some Hull subsonic20 in 23 gram. Even quieter with similar performance to a magnum fourten load I’d reckon.

edit to say, only the fibre wad hi-flyers are subsonic. Plastic wads are faster.

Edited by Rimfireboy!
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, 3175darren said:

As above I have the moss berg 20 pump, hush power cracking gun, I will get the 410 though, to use in close proximity to the buildings/ cow sheds, over the winter when they are occupied, I don’t think you can beat 410 up close, with the 2 inch cartridge, which are in my opinion better than the 9mm garden gun, and through a moderated gun, are as quiet as you will ever get, I will be trading my side by side 410 this yr for a modified one,I suppose it all depends, on what you are wanting to shoot,

It’s rabbits Darren,mainly in and running from brambles and cover pushed out by dog that works around my feet,I’ve recently got rid of a 4.10 d/b which I’ve had years but it was a hammer gun which I’ve never liked,the land I shoot on one side  the boundary is next to houses were the rabbits are hard to keep down but with dog and a quiet gun I should kill a few.

11 minutes ago, Str said:

It’s rabbits Darren,mainly in and running from brambles and cover pushed out by dog that works around my feet,I’ve recently got rid of a 4.10 d/b which I’ve had years but it was a hammer gun which I’ve never liked,the land I shoot on one side  the boundary is next to houses were the rabbits are hard to keep down but with dog and a quiet gun I should kill a few.

Well if I am truthful my 20 hushpower is a very good gun, sat in a hide or hedge it’s first class, but to walk up with it, its a cumbersome thing, I suggest the 410 will be more manoeuvrable, and quicker to use on a flushed rabbit, I hear them investarm 20 gauge over and unders, are very usable rather than the pump, but I have never shot one of them, so not qualified to say,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2