Breeding Studs/Broods

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good bitch will never be brought to a crap dog,whereas plenty of substandard bitches are brought to good dogs,if the bitch is worthy of breeding you can be sure she’ll be going to a dog worth breedi

A really good bitch from 25years back.She was built better than most dogs and was tougher than a lot of dogs too.Always produced decent quality woekers whatever she was bred to.

Without a good bitch to start with your on a down hill slope straight off. I personally believe their are plenty of good dogs out there but good working bitchs are not as plentiful. I have always pref

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

It's fitting that Spartacus should crop up on this topic, by many accounts he was bitchy looking and not a great worker BUT many a good kennel has him in the pedigree of their present terriers, so does that throw all of our theories out of the window?

......NO...... lol 

45 minutes ago, fat man said:

Not everyone is in it for coin chesney like yourself we like to work our dogs as often as allowed as in everytime their fit to dig to their dug.all of my dogs have seen a lot of digging in their lives so far and will continue to for aslong as their able.like yourself chesney I or my digging mates don't sell pups or dogs we keep them amongst ourselves when ever we breed which is only when we need to.I know their is bitchs been bred from that has seen little or no work but that's down to the individuals that own them and the clowns then that part with big money for them after been told everything they wanted to hear. And aslong as their is people out their to part with their cash their will always be peddlers,

Fat man empty your in box 

51 minutes ago, downsouth said:

She wernt wired up right to be honest.You couldnt let her in an earth unless you knew it was occupied because if it was empty she'd spend hours just going round and round looking for something and if she got off the lead shed just f**k off nose down as fast as her legs could carry her without even acknowledging your screams.My pal would even have to use a big net to catch her in his garden but ive not seen many as hard as her.Never once heard her make a sound we'd just wait for her to stay still for half an hour and dig to complete silence a lot of the time you wouldnt even hear a bump.

That seems to be a common enough trait in certain lines,there’s many a dog never made the journey home for pissing about in empty holes,what they do in the occupied ones must make up for it,wouldn’t be for me tho,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

I handled Spartacus he wasn't a weakling compared to smithy he was finner in type but so we're most terriers , but still a better type of dog compared with what another kennell of blacks had  at the time had to offer, never heard anyone who dug to him say he wasn't a good worker , it was said he could never become a great worker like smithy due to the law change... like all blood you get the good the great and the shit :)

Is that not a case of rose tinted glasses Glyn? I know of two lads that went to his owner's yard and seen the dog and went away disappointed and also recall of a few lads on the sites a few years back saying he wasn't a good digging dog by any stretch..I've got no axe to grind as he's in the pedigree of my dogs.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

I handled Spartacus he wasn't a weakling compared to smithy he was finner in type but so we're most terriers , but still a better type of dog compared with what another kennell of blacks had  at the time had to offer, never heard anyone who dug to him say he wasn't a good worker , it was said he could never become a great worker like smithy due to the law change... like all blood you get the good the great and the shit :)

Spartacus at Kens place.Early 90s

Screenshot_20181004-221742.png

• Like 6

Not rose tinted at all he wasn't  a small dog he also wasn't a Butch dog , I saw a lot of good stuff off him graft but the one I owned was shit , those that said he wasn't a good digging dog did they ever dig to him as a remember a few  claim such on one site never dug to him  ?

13 minutes ago, smasher said:

That seems to be a common enough trait in certain lines,there’s many a dog never made the journey home for pissing about in empty holes,what they do in the occupied ones must make up for it,wouldn’t be for me tho,

To be honest i couldnt of put up with the crazy f****r but my pal liked her.My first proper dogs were out of her and were decent dogs and sensible enough.

• Like 1

From what i can remember of the dog from the couple of times i saw him in the flesh the offspring we had from him were a better sturdier type than him but they were out of bitches that carried kens older blood.We never had much luck doubling up on the Spartacus blood though,they seemed to throw a bit weedy and week constitutioned.

9 hours ago, smasher said:

We had a very well bred, very hard bitch that was a nightmare to dwell in empty Earths. It was a right pain! But put her in any occupied earth and she would put in some performance! Grand when hounds marked up but without them, you had to have another terrier to mark an earth before letting her go or you were taking a chance. I suppose Its just a question of wether the good outweighs the bad? In most cases I agree I could not put up with it either. But in hers I'd definitely make an exception. Shame she would have been rated top class otherwise!

Edited by Kaiser Sozé
8 hours ago, Kaiser Sozé said:

We had a very well bred, very hard bitch that was a nightmare to dwell in empty Earths. It was a right pain! But put her in any occupied earth and she would put in some performance! Grand when hounds marked up but without them, you had to have another terrier to mark an earth before letting her go or you were taking a chance. I suppose Its just a question of wether the good outweighs the bad? In most cases I agree I could not put up with it either. But in hers I'd definitely make an exception. Shame she would have been rated top class otherwise!

Would you put her staying in empty places down to been worked with hounds and always been dropped in and something there and she just always taught when she was dropped in ther was automatically something there. My mate had a dog like that was spot on the first season. Then he started using him with the hounds for a season or 2. After that you couldn’t put him in an empty place would spend hours in it. He was a very good dog otherwise but I couldn’t stick that. It took him 2 seasons before before he stopped messing about and went back to normal and not bollocking in empty places only for him to be killed in a kennel fight 

• Sad 1
52 minutes ago, shaneg said:

Would you put her staying in empty places down to been worked with hounds and always been dropped in and something there and she just always taught when she was dropped in ther was automatically something there. My mate had a dog like that was spot on the first season. Then he started using him with the hounds for a season or 2. After that you couldn’t put him in an empty place would spend hours in it. He was a very good dog otherwise but I couldn’t stick that. It took him 2 seasons before before he stopped messing about and went back to normal and not bollocking in empty places only for him to be killed in a kennel fight 

No Shane it's in the line, it crops up every now and then in the odd terrier. Mostly at the start of the season when they're full of beans & raring to go. They normally settle down after a few digs but some don't. I put it down to this plus her initial raring by another!

• Like 1

With the red bitch that i put the photo up of i think it was more a case of my mate who owned her was a big fat lazy f****r whos dogs only really got took out to work and never got walked apart from that so when she did get out she thought "f**k You,you aint getting hold of me again".A few lads down here had dogs out of her and none of them behaved like it.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, downsouth said:

With the red bitch that i put the photo up of i think it was more a case of my mate who owned her was a big fat lazy f****r whos dogs only really got took out to work and never got walked apart from that so when she did get out she thought "f**k You,you aint getting hold of me again".A few lads down here had dogs out of her and none of them behaved like it.

My mates dog would have been the same rarely walked and never left of the lead as he would f**k off the minute he was let of. I’d say between that and constantly been put in places that hounds had marked both had something to do with him staying to ground. The worst thing about itwas he was a very capable dog and the type anyone would like in their yard apart for the messing thing. He stopped working him with hounds and he slowly but surely was stopping the messing.