Do you guys have bushing packs that hunt both rabbits and foxes ?

toolebox

54 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Gorse patches are nick named Jesus Christ bushes up here , cause whenever anyone going through them hunting that’s all you hear them shout !!??

that is spoot on that mate ? my brother used to call the gorse drive the, f**k that drive! the newbies always said now i know why when we was finished on it lol

• Haha 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this spot here , you can spend all day rabbiting and get some good numbers with longnets and fast of the mark lurcher , beat score was 36 rabbits and a fox .   And then you get spots like th

I prefer mine to hunt rabbits & game birds as there are plenty of both about,for me you can’t beat watching dogs hunt and chasing rabbits,you can’t beat rabbits for learning  dogs how to use there

I rarely have the lurchers on a leash,they hunt with the bushers and react to what the bushers are doing,if i had them on a slip their reaction time would be such that many a flush,from the bushers,wo

Posted Images

On 03/11/2018 at 18:43, Criss86 said:

that is spoot on that mate ? my brother used to call the gorse drive the, f**k that drive! the newbies always said now i know why when we was finished on it lol

I hate gorse,the amount of times my bushers have ended up with foot infections with gorse spikes rotting in their feet.

25 minutes ago, morton said:

I hate gorse,the amount of times my bushers have ended up with foot infections with gorse spikes rotting in their feet.

bloody horrible stuff for man and dog mate i would never step in amongst it again if i could but always something good hiding in the lol 

Just now, Criss86 said:

bloody horrible stuff for man and dog mate i would never step in amongst it again if i could but always something good hiding in the lol 

Yea 100% if there is any patches of gorse near by , that’s where they will be ,,, good old Jesus Christ bushes 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Yea 100% if there is any patches of gorse near by , that’s where they will be ,,, good old Jesus Christ bushes 

i dont blame them to b fair i wouldnt expect much to follow me in to the bloody horrible stuff lol

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Worse when one drops to ground in the middle of gorse patches , trying to batter your way through them , wax jackets are the best for the that game 

yeah mate i found that out the hard way ? done a fair few nice bits of gear right in over the years keeping and beating though stuff like that

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2018 at 03:56, morton said:

I rarely have the lurchers on a leash,they hunt with the bushers and react to what the bushers are doing,if i had them on a slip their reaction time would be such that many a flush,from the bushers,would be missed.Now i don,t mind missing the odd flush and find it part and parcel of any hunt,yet i prefer to let the mutts take advantage at what they do best without interference from the mush restricting them on a leash.Certainly there are occasions when the mutts hunting activity and instinct needs controlling by command or a leash,but on the whole my mutts are educated to take advantage of their freedom and choice.

That makes a lot of sense  to me morton ,great post .