Do you guys have bushing packs that hunt both rabbits and foxes ?

toolebox

21 hours ago, morton said:

Id get rid of all my bushers and would never own another if they could not hunt rabbit,hunting the humble bunny makes a busher better at its job and where a rabbit lies so will something that wishes to dine on it.I also find that the bushers will refuse to hunt a bunny when a fox is scented and they will also refuse a mark on an occupied warren when in pursuit of reynard.A busher that won,t hunt a rabbit is certainly capable of refusing a scent more acceptable to the owner.

More shite morton, your on a roll lately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this spot here , you can spend all day rabbiting and get some good numbers with longnets and fast of the mark lurcher , beat score was 36 rabbits and a fox .   And then you get spots like th

I prefer mine to hunt rabbits & game birds as there are plenty of both about,for me you can’t beat watching dogs hunt and chasing rabbits,you can’t beat rabbits for learning  dogs how to use there

I rarely have the lurchers on a leash,they hunt with the bushers and react to what the bushers are doing,if i had them on a slip their reaction time would be such that many a flush,from the bushers,wo

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Any of the small bushing packs I go out with or been out with will not tolerate any of them opening up on rabbit or hare, the odd yip here and there when they’re fresh will be forgiven but if it continues they’re gone. Although deer can be a pain in the ass only because they are few and far between round here. 

Surely this is a case of each to their own,I like to hunt what’s ever about which is mainly rabbits and game birds to me that’s bushing,the fact that I don’t go out purposely for Fox’s does not make my dogs inferior to dogs that just hunt fox does it? I find it laughable that on the bushing section that some frown on chasing rabbits.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Str said:

Surely this is a case of each to their own,I like to hunt what’s ever about which is mainly rabbits and game birds to me that’s bushing,the fact that I don’t go out purposely for Fox’s does not make my dogs inferior to dogs that just hunt fox does it? I find it laughable that on the bushing section that some frown on chasing rabbits.

You’ve picked me up wrong str, I was merely explaining how the small packs I go out with go about it. I couldn’t care if you use your dogs to hunt truffles it’s your business. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

You’ve picked me up wrong str, I was merely explaining how the small packs I go out with go about it. I couldn’t care if you use your dogs to hunt truffles it’s your business. 

Ok fair enough I apologise.

• Like 1

if We had the bigger hounds I would break them to everything but foxes , but we have a lot of rabbit control to do on golf courses etc . So I need little bushing dogs to hunt all . But up in the fells there is no rabbits so when dogs on it’s 100% fox ?, always have good days when hunting both , although it’s mostly guns That take on the rabbits ?

• Like 4

I couldn't think of anything worse than dogs chasing bunnys about on a fox drive, getting every one pumped up to see a little fluffy jump out in front of them?. Luckily I can go out every day and bush reds if I wanted as there's plenty around me, there's an old boy feeds seven every night by his feet, problem is I get bored of them as it's to easy , prefere to be out in the sticks where they have to work harder to find them.

Edited by FKOF
  • Like 1

Most of the days that are booked in for rabbit control I don’t have many foxing lads Come by with me , there’s an old boy who sets long nets up a valley and a couple of guns , there is also a young lad who comes with a Beddy whippet , had some great sport ?up in the fells as I have said there is no rabbits , dogs have to work hard as individuals and find Charlie boy , and on another note , I can go ferreting with a couple of bushers and ratting , my 2 sons do a bit of everything so one or 2 all rounder bushers come in handy , lads from Liverpool who has pup out of Brian is breaking has broke his to rabbits n deer and is going to be fox only , keeper in Scotland has used his for fox only to . Each to there own , but I have a lot of permission to do all vermin, to much really , my family has pest control business and mole control is the winner for permission finding ?all the best lads on what ya hunt ,, ??

Edited by Foxpack 2
  • Like 7

E7E7EFCD-12C5-4386-8382-210D3C76EEB2.jpeg.cab03e7eda7a4b37d159d0cb1fb8adf3.jpegthis spot here , you can spend all day rabbiting and get some good numbers with longnets and fast of the mark lurcher , beat score was 36 rabbits and a fox .AF36C8AD-D225-417A-90DC-5229D045ED16.jpeg.d6f6f6e5aa29a31b8402b254c22143fe.jpeg6BE369E3-901E-4B12-9A32-5C25AE66B3A9.jpeg.5ea747ee273650de329ef12f7f1064c5.jpeg84D64446-E8EB-4452-8FC2-773FC1C5852B.jpeg.520ba4386b1630fb9a1b2e596fae0940.jpeg418E015A-DA81-4148-8FA7-DE79F96C082A.jpeg.b5c0a6a97e89a88883a2c6b36d85b864.jpegF53C8AE7-495D-4FE8-B731-F8F6C05E9020.jpeg.adb2eb962a1d3d8f806a1c651e359a73.jpeg

And then you get spots like these high up no rabbits , proper hard days for bushers , they have to work hard and comb every bit of those spots , ? 

ACFEBEF3-FFC1-47A7-B4C3-A416AF98DAFD.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
On 01/10/2018 at 19:24, Str said:

I put nothing but rabbits in front of sapling lurchers and the terriers are entered to bunny bashing from a very early age,by the time these lurchers and terriers are aged enough to step up a level they have learnt an awful lot of hunting lessons,on bunny,that makes them better hunting jukels,on fox etc.,because of the earlier entering on the humble scut.Ive done the same for a decade or three and now its been pointed out to me that ive been doing it all wrong,ill just have to struggle on with my inferior mutts and hunting lifestyle.

• Like 4