Do you guys have bushing packs that hunt both rabbits and foxes ?

toolebox

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this spot here , you can spend all day rabbiting and get some good numbers with longnets and fast of the mark lurcher , beat score was 36 rabbits and a fox .   And then you get spots like th

I prefer mine to hunt rabbits & game birds as there are plenty of both about,for me you can’t beat watching dogs hunt and chasing rabbits,you can’t beat rabbits for learning  dogs how to use there

I rarely have the lurchers on a leash,they hunt with the bushers and react to what the bushers are doing,if i had them on a slip their reaction time would be such that many a flush,from the bushers,wo

Posted Images

We hunt rabbits n fox , although if we do a fair size spot that holds rabbits and fox. The pack favours the fox 100% and will pull of rabbits , I like them hunting both as some days are long with no hunt otherwise . On the fella high up there is no rabbits . So when dogs start speaking I know it’s fox ,

• Like 4

Personally I'd get rid of my dogs if they went on rabbits yes they might give the odd yip on one but all mine prefere reds it's the only thing I show them. I go plenty places that holds rabbits but my old dog will always find the red in the middle of them.

• Like 2

I prefer mine to hunt rabbits & game birds as there are plenty of both about,for me you can’t beat watching dogs hunt and chasing rabbits,you can’t beat rabbits for learning  dogs how to use there noses & build fitness,if my dogs only hunted Fox I would have some really shite days bushing.

• Like 9
50 minutes ago, Str said:

I prefer mine to hunt rabbits & game birds as there are plenty of both about,for me you can’t beat watching dogs hunt and chasing rabbits,you can’t beat rabbits for learning  dogs how to use there noses & build fitness,if my dogs only hunted Fox I would have some really shite days bushing.

Mine wil hunt anything n everything, people that say they only hunt fox must have dull daily walks or just liars.  cos they can’t get a hunt every day on a fox.  well that’s iif they do actually walk them daily. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Boristheblade said:

Can’t see why it would cause problems, I imagine most will bush whatever’s in there. Some quarry will be more favourable than others to bushers.

Just thought if they dropped it might cause some problems .Yes our dogs would target coons here if I allowed them,over rabbits due to the fight in the coon,but mine just don't bother as they know what is required of them .   

On 25/09/2018 at 19:47, FKOF said:

Personally I'd get rid of my dogs if they went on rabbits yes they might give the odd yip on one but all mine prefere reds it's the only thing I show them. I go plenty places that holds rabbits but my old dog will always find the red in the middle of them.

Id get rid of all my bushers and would never own another if they could not hunt rabbit,hunting the humble bunny makes a busher better at its job and where a rabbit lies so will something that wishes to dine on it.I also find that the bushers will refuse to hunt a bunny when a fox is scented and they will also refuse a mark on an occupied warren when in pursuit of reynard.A busher that won,t hunt a rabbit is certainly capable of refusing a scent more acceptable to the owner.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
On 25/09/2018 at 19:47, FKOF said:

Any of the small bushing packs I go out with or been out with will not tolerate any of them opening up on rabbit or hare, the odd yip here and there when they’re fresh will be forgiven but if it continues they’re gone. Although deer can be a pain in the ass only because they are few and far between round here. 

• Like 1