the end of our partnership

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those oul photos should do it I think ,from them you can see she was a versatile little dog ,at 5 month old i had her marking warrens ,at 14 weeks old she was sitting ,staying and retrieving like a pr

well ,,i have been to the vet with my closest companion (outside of family members obviously) and to say the outcome is not good is an understatement ...It seems ,no fact is ,IT IS  the case that my k

theres a few ,lol...ive hundreds , testament to her impressing me 

Posted Images

Sorry to hear buddy. I knew when I spoke to you Saturday that something was wrong with her but it's sad to hear that. What has to be done won't be easy but you are better to do it yourself because you will have question marks over yourself any other way. No vet means no stress on her so she won't know a thing about it. Not an easy thing but has to be done.

4 hours ago, jiggy said:

Sorry to hear buddy. I knew when I spoke to you Saturday that something was wrong with her but it's sad to hear that. What has to be done won't be easy but you are better to do it yourself because you will have question marks over yourself any other way. No vet means no stress on her so she won't know a thing about it. Not an easy thing but has to be done.

you were spot on with the diabetes call,thats there as a result of the illness ,,yeah i will do it myself ,,after a sleep on it i know it must be me ,but dam what a shame ,,the goats and rabbits might be happy though lol

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

you were spot on with the diabetes call,thats there as a result of the illness ,,yeah i will do it myself ,,after a sleep on it i know it must be me ,but dam what a shame ,,the goats and rabbits might be happy though lol

bloody shame  mate, when you have dog long time like that, if its suffering  well got to be done. i aways make the simple rule if the eating there food and happy to be out even just in the garden , they ok if they old dog .Now just of late ive had old Bryn on my mind he 11 year old now   eats well, and likes mooch after squirrels  he  mad for them lol . his brother died  of cancer few months ago, i was told , maybe why it been on my mind, ive always said  11-14 year about average for small-mid size   , i be surprised  if Buck  makes  11 year old .  do the right thing mate  if she suffering  .

• Like 2

Been there mate. It's a shitter!

Only thing I can say is get it done mate and be calm or she'll know somethings up and you don't want her last moments to be fearful. 

Another thing (I know sounds sick but maybe it's my way of coping). Administer the injection yourself at the vets, under supervision. She'll be a lot calmer with your hands on her than a vet's ;)

Keep your chin up mate.

I had to say goodbye to my long term friend and hunting partner earrlier this year he was 13 and a half, I couldn’t never do it myself so a trip to the vet it was.  I held him in my arms until he had passed and bye f**k I sobbed my heart out, it’s a difficult thing to do let them go.                                                                                                                                                                                                            I am sure you will do right by the dog and choose the best way/person to do the job. Poor old dog, 

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Been there mate. It's a shitter!

Only thing I can say is get it done mate and be calm or she'll know somethings up and you don't want her last moments to be fearful. 

Another thing (I know sounds sick but maybe it's my way of coping). Administer the injection yourself at the vets, under supervision. She'll be a lot calmer with your hands on her than a vet's ;)

Keep your chin up mate.

yeah im heading out in an hour for our last walk ,she wont know a thing ,,but i will ,lol....i can do this ,,i just dont want to ,

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

yeah im heading out in an hour for our last walk ,she wont know a thing ,,but i will ,lol....i can do this ,,i just dont want to ,

I'm heading out to the bar after work. I'll have a glass of the Irish fae you both ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Whenever you feel up to it stick up a photo or 2 of her in her prime. It will ease the pain remembering some of the past exploits ?

Iv had to do it twice ,,not working dogs mind

but pets both had the big c in there back end

both came home from the vets and spent the night with us

and im 6ft 1 and at the time built like a brick shit house

and its the hardest thing iv had to do

cried like a baby i did both times 

pets are pets

but a working dog is part of you it knows what your thinking before you give the command.

iv not had a working dog mind but iv been out with MHopton and my son has working dogs

iv got loads of respect for you lads and then some

I feel for you bud

chin up

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1