the end of our partnership

well ,,i have been to the vet with my closest companion (outside of family members obviously) and to say the outcome is not good is an understatement ...It seems ,no fact is ,IT IS  the case that my kelpie x Taz has pancreatic cancer ,,hence her loosing weight the last 2 weeks ,,To say im devastated is not really a strong enough word ..and i know within the next 48 64 hours i need to ease her pain and put her to sleep...and boy am i shirking the thought of it ....11 years old ,and up to 4 weeks ago fine and healthy looking ,,she came into heat and the world caved in on her ..im dancing with the idea  do I do the deed or get a mate to do it for me ,cause im not letting her go in a surgery room ..im going to let her last second be in the country where she revelled in all things new and different ..ima very pragmatic fellow and understand things happen and you just got to get on with life but dam this has hit me hard ...poor oul girl ,,,

• Like 4
  • Sad 12

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those oul photos should do it I think ,from them you can see she was a versatile little dog ,at 5 month old i had her marking warrens ,at 14 weeks old she was sitting ,staying and retrieving like a pr

well ,,i have been to the vet with my closest companion (outside of family members obviously) and to say the outcome is not good is an understatement ...It seems ,no fact is ,IT IS  the case that my k

theres a few ,lol...ive hundreds , testament to her impressing me 

Posted Images

Bad luck mate, taking her out to the country would be the right thing to do, it's where she's happiest. I had a bullterrier that hated the vets, he'd start shivering by the door,  when the time came I got the vet to come round to my house, nice sunny day, he was calm and lying in the garden when the vet came round so his last minutes there was no stress. Our dogs give there all for us, so when the time comes we should do right by them. all the best.

• Like 6

Seen my old plummer terrier grow very old very quickly this year and at 12 i'm thinking about her going more and more and i'm thinking the same shall i do it or a pal?.You do whats best for yourself and the dog in these situations,be quick for the dog but also it's your last look at the dog so getting a mate to do it isn't a bad thing as long as the dog is pre occupied and not looking for you as such then all will be as well as it can be between you Jigsaw.Gutted for you and i know at times i'm far to soft for our life with working dogs  but i wish you all the best and strength to you bud..

Edited by fireman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As Phil said jigsaw as hard as it is and as heartbroken as you will be and you will be it's one thing I have always done  it myself as daft as it sounds you will find peace in knowing you were with her till the end  get some beers in and remember the times and good luck buddy my thoughts are with you 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1