Help with my bitch

Hi lads just wondering if anyone's got a bit of advice for me got a bitch here she's around 15-16 months old and is very soft mouthed what I mean by that is when she get the bunny in her mouth it can riffle away sometimes is there anything I can do to sort this or will it come with age ? 

All the help would be appreciated lads cheers 

1 hour ago, Busher100 said:

Give it a bit time mate mine tried to catch rabbits with her feet she was very puppyish n reluctant to strike get them out with another dog is what I did but made her hard mouth 

Thank you busher both real good bits of advice thank you lads I might try her with another dog like you say might make her strike a bit harder 

4 hours ago, Southeastcourser said:

Hi lads just wondering if anyone's got a bit of advice for me got a bitch here she's around 15-16 months old and is very soft mouthed what I mean by that is when she get the bunny in her mouth it can riffle away sometimes is there anything I can do to sort this or will it come with age ? 

All the help would be appreciated lads cheers 

The more they catch the more adept they become,the mutt is learning its trade and it will make its own mistakes as it progresses,id not be to bothered about the odd spilt catch and release,it will soon adapt and learn as it catches another,then another.Ive gone down the ratting route and its a quick and effective easy fix,it certainly works,it all depends on the bruising you wish to see in a retrieved bunny.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Southeastcourser said:

Thank you I've heard this can help a lot of people have said they will make her bite harder 

Or it could make her even shyer of picking up furry things?,give her time as i'm sure after a few kicks in the face from a big old rabbit she'll bite them harder to calm them down though..

3 hours ago, morton said:

The more they catch the more adept they become,the mutt is learning its trade and it will make its own mistakes as it progresses,id not be to bothered about the odd spilt catch and release,it will soon adapt and learn as it catches another,then another.Ive gone down the ratting route and its a quick and effective easy fix,it certainly works,it all depends on the bruising you wish to see in a retrieved bunny.

Who is this and what have you done with Morton 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
15 hours ago, Black neck said:

Who is this and what have you done with Morton 

18 hours ago, morton said:

Thank you hopefully it comes with experience I think the route I'm gonna go down and let her make her own mistakes and try giving her a go with another more experience dog