bsa ultra se power problems

Hi all,

Went to have a few practice shot before heading out this evening, when I notice a big power drop, so I put it over the chronograph and it was down to a constant 4.5lbs from 11.2lbs

I thought it might be the hammer spring but it looks fine any ideas?

Thx all.

Just now, raptar said:

yes, plenty + have never overfilled either.

it cocks fine, it is holding all its air, hammer spring look good.

but the power has just dropped right off.

Over to others for help then, mine went a while ago now after going back to BSA several times for leaking seals.

If it's showing plenty of air on the gauge,  I would still give it a fill to double check, as it may have a faulty gauge, other than that I would take a guess that the firing valve is faulty,  has it been filled from a dive cylinder or a pump ? Also is the barrel tight ,  is there a oring on the pellet probe ?

• Thanks 1
On 25/09/2018 at 07:47, vizlauk said:

If it's showing plenty of air on the gauge,  I would still give it a fill to double check, as it may have a faulty gauge, other than that I would take a guess that the firing valve is faulty,  has it been filled from a dive cylinder or a pump ? Also is the barrel tight ,  is there a oring on the pellet probe ?

ok, I have just replaced the O ring on the pellet probe and it still the same :( any other ideas?

Is it new , is it second hand , if so has it been tampered with . If it has been tampered with it might be the adjuster slackened off ,which will be a easy fix .  or

Send it off to Carl at airtech for tune and reg it will come back totally different . Mine has been trouble free after carl tune 

1 hour ago, raptar said:

I am well and truly stumped on this 1 :(

Frankly so am I.  Mine used to leak air from the reservoir seals, and despite BSA having 3 goes at fixing it they never could properly.

Apparently this is still full and not leaking.

:hmm: