A family affair

neil b

Due to a shoot taking place on one of our permissions we opted for change of place, Its abit of a tradition we have started at this perticular spot for the last 2 seasons so keeping up with tradition here we were all set up and ready for the off, things looked promising with rabbits moving about all over the place, it wasn’t long before we had a mark off Nell and away we went, in a matter of minutes I had 6 in the bag, i went one way, my mate went the other, as I was lifting my longnets up in typical Nell fashion she was off with nose to the ground hovering up any scent the was to be found, another positive mark made it 10 rabbits in the bag for these two sistersI changed to mother to the above two and her other daughter to give these two a rest. Every warren I came across Nell gave a mark at,I was soon up to 20 rabbits, I made my way up through a gill to find my mate had 13 in his bag. We weren’t far from the van so a quick pie and drink and on we went. We could see plenty of rabbits running about in the bottom of the field from our high vantage point on the fell as we dropped down the rabbits dropped to ground , the first warren I netted up gave me a quick bolt then nothing for what seemed an age, Nell moving stealth like over the warren to where she heard movement, out with the bleeper box to reveal an 18” dig at the most, I could hear the subterranean thunder erupting under my very feet, carefully I broke through to my young Jill a little more with the spade reviled 5 rabbits all tucked up nice and tight, I could see my mate below me catching a few too, things were looking good for a decent bag, the total for today was 64. Cheers Neil b D969CAEE-ABD7-4186-8830-7343738F6CDE.thumb.jpeg.ef9af88489fcbc9374d14a69249cf1d8.jpeg

Edited by neil b
  • Like 13

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:03, neil b said:

Due to a shoot taking place on one of our permissions we opted for change of place, Its abit of a tradition we have started at this perticular spot for the last 2 seasons so keeping up with tradition here we were all set up and ready for the off, things looked promising with rabbits moving about all over the place, it wasn’t long before we had a mark off Nell and away we went, in a matter of minutes I had 6 in the bag, i went one way, my mate went the other, as I was lifting my longnets up in typical Nell fashion she was off with nose to the ground hovering up any scent the was to be found, another positive mark made it 10 rabbits in the bag for these two sistersI changed to mother to the above two and her other daughter to give these two a rest. Every warren I came across Nell gave a mark at,I was soon up to 20 rabbits, I made my way up through a gill to find my mate had 13 in his bag. We weren’t far from the van so a quick pie and drink and on we went. We could see plenty of rabbits running about in the bottom of the field from our high vantage point on the fell as we dropped down the rabbits dropped to ground , the first warren I netted up gave me a quick bolt then nothing for what seemed an age, Nell moving stealth like over the warren to where she heard movement, out with the bleeper box to reveal an 18” dig at the most, I could hear the subterranean thunder erupting under my very feet, carefully I broke through to my young Jill a little more with the spade reviled 5 rabbits all tucked up nice and tight, I could see my mate below me catching a few too, things were looking good for a decent bag, the total for today was 64. Cheers Neil b D969CAEE-ABD7-4186-8830-7343738F6CDE.thumb.jpeg.ef9af88489fcbc9374d14a69249cf1d8.jpeg

That's a day to remember mate, well done 

• Like 1