Tredmill

11 minutes ago, mattmcw said:

I had an accident and cant walk or i would still be out walking for a few hours a day me and my dogs were fit before i had the accident

Get somebody to walk the mutts for you mucker,not always possible or practical at times but if you can get the mutts walked the odd day or 3 and throw them on a treadmill in between then id go that route.

30 minutes ago, morton said:

Get somebody to walk the mutts for you mucker,not always possible or practical at times but if you can get the mutts walked the odd day or 3 and throw them on a treadmill in between then id go that route.

Thats the kindest reply ive ever seen you post?

• Haha 1

I spoke to a greyhound trainer and he told me he didn't have a mill and rarely ever even galloped a dog. Just a 100 yard walk to empty and then back in the kennel. He put them in a big puppy paddock and when they came of age he entered them in races 3 times a week if the board allowed him and he said that was enough running for a sprinter. The other trainers complained how he was allowed by the board to over race a dog every season but like he said he didn't over gallop them or over walk them and had over 1000 winners and that was in 2014.  God knows how many he has now. Maybe he knew somebody in the board I don't know and I know fcuk  all about greyhounds.  He said most greyhound trainers he knew were galloping and walking the shit out of their dogs and they were frustrated that he had over 1000 winners. He said they were all cutting back on feed for costs and he bought his proper veg in cheap supermarkets ( broccoli/ celery)etc and boiled it with beef for 10 minutes and added a sprinkle of mid range nuts to their diet to give them whatever they were lacking. He also said he changed nuts every week between several different brands because what they were lacking from one brand this week would be replaced by a different brand next week. ( might be only 1 vitamin )He concentrated completely on diet before exercise and claimed that was why he was ahead of the average joe. He cleaned up in the average races with mediocre dogs and wouldn't change that system unless a very special dog came into his kennels that could achieve more. I asked another good trainer was he full of sh1t and using drugs  ( because of my lack of knowledge in the business ) and he told me believe it or not he is one of the very few that doesn't dope dogs. He compared a greyhound to a cheetah. A couple of runs a week then loads of rest and know exactly what you are feeding them to reach their peak. Again I know fcuk all but his record speaks for itself.  There is plenty of rusty treadmills in sheds. If you have 30 minutes to look at him on one well then you have 30 minutes to bring him out in the field and do what he should be doing.