acd x greyhoud

2 hours ago, Terry Ermann said:

Obviously there are some people that need that from a dog but most people don’t. An animal like that is no good if it can’t be out with you the majority of the time, there’s nothing wrong with keeping hard working types provided you can do them justice if you can not commit to that type of lifestyle I would steer very clear. 

Very true terry there his folk that need an all out ready ta go jukel ,usually thos that are at it daily ,but I fear most these days a simple type sight hounds type will do em ,it's a fact our jukels were bred ta keep us and abit more ,these days they seem to cost the earth to keep da some folk not having free or cheep flesh some cost more ta keep daily than a human.would spend   How about this couple jukels coast of keeping to most scandalous ,let's not forget what our jukels were designed  ta keep us in snappin. Not become a drain on our spare wonga .atbbill

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My acd x greyhound pup out of two 1st crosses. 15 weeks old this coming Thursday. Looking forward too seing how this one turns out.  Atb Adam 

Sensible advice I would also add,..that just because a Cattle Dog shows an inbred ability to herd large dangerous beasts in its native environment,..it does not equate to the catching and killing

Best of luck on your exciting new journey,...it will be emotional at times,...but rewarding, so have fun,...all the best, Phil.?  

Posted Images

14 hours ago, billhardy said:

Very true terry there his folk that need an all out ready ta go jukel ,usually thos that are at it daily ,but I fear most these days a simple type sight hounds type will do em ,it's a fact our jukels were bred ta keep us and abit more ,these days they seem to cost the earth to keep da some folk not having free or cheep flesh some cost more ta keep daily than a human.would spend   How about this couple jukels coast of keeping to most scandalous ,let's not forget what our jukels were designed  ta keep us in snappin. Not become a drain on our spare wonga .atbbill

The devil finds work for spare wonga 

Best off spend it on them dogs out The road on it like

• Haha 1

Re kelpies: they're not all workaholic nutters who'll destroy the house (or kennel) if left alone. Mine tend to just sleep on their sofa (or crate in the pup's case) or by the back door in the sun if the back door's open. However it depends a lot on the lines they're from...my two males are line bred to a particularly "willing to please" dog. Despite all I've said they take a while to mature and are much more likely to be "nutters" as pups until they calm down. My late mum used to refer to Rusty (my first kelpie) as a "wall of death rider" but as an adult he was about as calm as Bob Marley!

As Phil said: temperament is all important.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Neal said:

Re kelpies: they're not all workaholic nutters who'll destroy the house (or kennel) if left alone. Mine tend to just sleep on their sofa (or crate in the pup's case) or by the back door in the sun if the back door's open. However it depends a lot on the lines they're from...my two males are line bred to a particularly "willing to please" dog. Despite all I've said they take a while to mature and are much more likely to be "nutters" as pups until they calm down. My late mum used to refer to Rusty (my first kelpie) as a "wall of death rider" but as an adult he was about as calm as Bob Marley!

As Phil said: temperament is all important.

Any 1st x around neal 

Sorry Jigsaw but I've no idea. I've just posted a comment in your collie stud post too but basically: so sorry to hear about the amazing Taz. I hardly come on here any more so wasn't aware of him being PTS until I read the other thread. 

The only time I ever hear about any kelpie x lurchers is through here. The kelpie forum I used to write on folded several years ago and it's all via facebook now (which I'm not on) so all my kelpie related information comes from Noggin's breeder who we pop in to see her on her farm every time we go to Devon. It was from her that I found out about my new pup. He wasn't bred by her but she bred both the parents which are owned by a farmer in mid Wales. Noggin's still doing well but since his accident his stamina is very low...and I need a dog which can keep up with me as I don't drive so walk everywhere.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Adampie8432 said:

My acd x greyhound pup out of two 1st crosses. 15 weeks old this coming Thursday. Looking forward too seing how this one turns out.  Atb Adam 20181222_082814.jpg.4d2ffe2f45710ec6382e9336a4c98bf9.jpg

Best of luck on your exciting new journey,...it will be emotional at times,...but rewarding, so have fun,...all the best, Phil.?

_PHL8889.JPG.f34eb4540353cea2300a18294ac00e0a.JPG

• Like 7

Thank you lads. She's 100mph everywhere so don't know weather that's a good thing or a bad thing lol. She's definitely got that do or die attitude already which I hope doesn't get her into trouble in later life. Most forward pup I've ever owned that's for sure, nothing fazes her. Atb Adam 

I had an A.C.D crossed with a small lurcher. Because of that she lacked speed. But she was very game and would try very hard. She was easy to train, obedient and very loyal. She was also sensibly protective. In addition she was faultless in the house, very peaceful and quiet and not at all destructive. She would take as much exercise as I could give her, but was happy to lie around if I didn't exercise her. In many ways she was probably the best dog I'll ever have. Just too small and too heavily built for speed.

• Like 4