New X barrel

villaman

Picked up my  Free new FX X barrel from my local RFD  as promised from Tony at A-S-I 

Fitted the barrel to the impact and zero was still spot on , then rushed of to one of my permissions to catch the last 10 minutes of daylight . 

Soon as I got the gun out of the van ,  I spotted a rabbit at the salad farm about 100 yards away I thought .  Zapped the range finder on the rabbit and a read out came out at 117 yards .

Went down in prone position with bipod fitted ,looked at the scope cap with a range card on  119 yards 4 1/2 dots hold over , pulled trigger and down it went with no kicking .

This is my longest kill so far with this amazing FX impact plus at 117 yards it still has 20 ft/lbs of power left .

So just the one with the impact before it got dark but had another 5 with BSA ultra .177 with Pulsar N870LRF NV unit 

IMG_0083.JPG

• Like 10

They are good Mitch only one thing missing on yours

A THERMAL XQ50 SCOPE .

Honest Mitch if you ever get to look through one out in the field you will buy one mate

just ask SI

he is hooked lol

Only the four for me tonight but then again ITS ONLY A CRAPPY PHOTON at less than a quarter of the price of a

n870lrf nv:whistling::D

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

DSC_0042.JPG

• Like 1

glad you got the new barrel Mitch ..

ive still not done a proper pellet test on it due to it aways being windy but its the same poi with h&n extreme's at 50yrd as the jsb's the drop might be slightly different too but there still accurate at 100 so looks like you might be able to stick anything in it now:thumbs:

good session too!

ps... dont mention n/v or fac again or mark will block you?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

To pull a shot off like that must have put the confidence levels through the roof.

Fair play to you mate, superb shooting :hi:

atb  Mark

When i was shooting Allan the distances i was shooting at amazed me

but to watch Allan shoot it was out of this world well over a 100 yrds

the man is unbelievable i could of watched him all night 

Made me feel as if i did not want to pick the hw100 back up it was a toy compared to the FX .25 fac

fac opens a hole new world even in air

• Like 1
10 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

They are good Mitch only one thing missing on yours

A THERMAL XQ50 SCOPE .

Honest Mitch if you ever get to look through one out in the field you will buy one mate

just ask SI

he is hooked lol

Only the four for me tonight but then again ITS ONLY A CRAPPY PHOTON at less than a quarter of the price of a

n870lrf nv:whistling::D

DSC_0042.JPG

Jimmy , Had a look through XQ 50 yesterday at the sportingman gun centre just outside Dorchester , my god it is good , blown away with it  is a under statement .

Its a good job I forgot my wallet ,all else I would of had it . I am going to wait a bit just to see if these Pard ones are any good ,if not I will get in touch with Ian of here and order one .

I need some kind of night vision for the impact now as the nights are getting darker , but saying that my .22 FAC FX crown should be with me in a couple of weeks and night vision will go on that .

Started to look at .17 HMR as well yesterday and might go for one ,just need to find out which one  more homework to do now 

Two problems we found with the .17HMR, firstly it will turn a rabbit inside out so only mush left on the ground and secondly, you cannot shoot quietly as the round is too fast to be able to shoot with stealth.

My pal bought one ahead of me and whilst I have .17HMR and a .22 magnum on ticket, I really cannot see me getting one. They are very popular but I really don't see them being much use on my perms even though we thought the .17HMR would be very useful.

I have been very surprised how light and superbly well balanced the Crown is Mitch, you are going to love it mate.

When time allows, I would be very interested to know if the 'X' barrel is any better than the standard smooth twist when using your specified pellets.

Phil

• Like 1
11 hours ago, villaman said:

Picked up my  Free new FX X barrel from my local RFD  as promised from Tony at A-S-I 

Fitted the barrel to the impact and zero was still spot on , then rushed of to one of my permissions to catch the last 10 minutes of daylight . 

Soon as I got the gun out of the van ,  I spotted a rabbit at the salad farm about 100 yards away I thought .  Zapped the range finder on the rabbit and a read out came out at 117 yards .

Went down in prone position with bipod fitted ,looked at the scope cap with a range card on  119 yards 4 1/2 dots hold over , pulled trigger and down it went with no kicking .

This is my longest kill so far with this amazing FX impact plus at 117 yards it still has 20 ft/lbs of power left .

So just the one with the impact before it got dark but had another 5 with BSA ultra .177 with Pulsar N870LRF NV unit 

IMG_0083.JPG

Nice shooting Mitch can I ask how you are using the rangefinder on gun it doesn't look like the mk5 with laser on it

47 minutes ago, villaman said:

Jimmy , Had a look through XQ 50 yesterday at the sportingman gun centre just outside Dorchester , my god it is good , blown away with it  is a under statement .

Its a good job I forgot my wallet ,all else I would of had it . I am going to wait a bit just to see if these Pard ones are any good ,if not I will get in touch with Ian of here and order one .

I need some kind of night vision for the impact now as the nights are getting darker , but saying that my .22 FAC FX crown should be with me in a couple of weeks and night vision will go on that .

Started to look at .17 HMR as well yesterday and might go for one ,just need to find out which one  more homework to do now 

Did you not think about just changing barrels on the impact for 22 I have one and it's great would have saved you a lot of coin buying new gun just a thought I no your going to be over the moon with crown

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, philpot said:

Two problems we found with the .17HMR, firstly it will turn a rabbit inside out so only mush left on the ground and secondly, you cannot shoot quietly as the round is too fast to be able to shoot with stealth.

My pal bought one ahead of me and whilst I have .17HMR and a .22 magnum on ticket, I really cannot see me getting one. They are very popular but I really don't see them being much use on my perms even though we thought the .17HMR would be very useful.

I have been very surprised how light and superbly well balanced the Crown is Mitch, you are going to love it mate.

When time allows, I would be very interested to know if the 'X' barrel is any better than the standard smooth twist when using your specified pellets.

Phil

I will be doing a lot of testing this weekend Phil as it raining all weekend down here in sunny ,sunny Bournemouth pride of the south :laugh:

I am lucky to have a 100 yard  old chicken building to use and made it into my shooting range  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pav said:

Nice shooting Mitch can I ask how you are using the rangefinder on gun it doesn't look like the mk5 with laser on it

Its from CRS but with out the laser on top . I can set it up by a NV unit on another gun .

I did think about buying a .22 barrel but I would not bother changing it over ,plus £350 for a barrel kit , not only that I like guns :laugh:

• Like 1

I fully intended buying a spare .22 barrel set for my .25 Impact as well Alan but to be very honest, I have not needed the other barrel so never bothered. My pal is looking at a .25 with a spare .177 barrel which he is not interested in at all so depending what the price breakdown is, I could be interested in that which will throw out a .177 at 16fpe.

Might be interesting and of course I should be able to turn the power down to 12fpe with no problem if required, just food for thought.

Phil