Stand your ground law?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your f***ing all joking aren’t you ?    If thstvwas was two black gsngbangers from Compton doing that , what would you say ?  Imho they should just have been pinched and strapped to the

theres no excuse for that shit ,,the guy ranting was unarmed ,,the son and father were both armed ,,they could  easily have called the law and let them deal with it ,,they were intent on standing thei

Update The Bellies have been re-arrested and their bond has been increased from $25,000 each to $250,000 each. Abilene Police Department filed a Motion of Insufficiency of Bond on the basis that

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,ve had guns shoved in my face and been shot at over here without having to go halfway around the world, though that was many moons ago when it was a normal response to poachers, now I,m older and wiser and much more adapt at evading capture it's a thing of the past and people invite me onto land with the cameras , I think like Albert you will have to give the tv licensing guy fair warning on live tv that if he comes back you will shoot him then you will have the nation behind you but on the last point saying that Albert was worse than the hillbilly,s I,ll have to disagree with you I,m afraid as I'm a firm believer a mans home is his castle and his was being invaded even if his castle was knocked up without asking or paying the government I still support his stand 

I agree with your point greyman but if i seen your creepy head evading capture in my yard setting up cameras where my woman and kids are playing then you my friend would not be looking at grease dripping from a preppy to keep your survival skills alive. I would prefer a harmless preppy warrior knocking my door looking for a tin of beans than a creep sneaky Cnut that admits to been caught up with the law looking for a fcuking  Puma. You are the weirdo in that case.

The prat in the orange top who thought he was immune to bullets because his wife was recording the next youtube hit threw enough bollox and death threats to not get any sympathy from me. Got what was coming to him. If someone blatantly threatened to kill you and your kid multiple times while being aggressive and you had a gun what would u do?

Not that I condone it either.

Just saying I have no sympathy.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

The prat in the orange top who thought he was immune to bullets because his wife was recording the next youtube hit threw enough bollox and death threats to not get any sympathy from me. Got what was coming to him. If someone blatantly threatened to kill you and your kid multiple times while being aggressive and you had a gun what would u do?

Not that I condone it either.

Just saying I have no sympathy.

Stupid is as stupid does.

It's a tough one as we've only seen a two-minute clip of the altercation. I'm sure the video will be used against the father and son but I'm positive that they will argue in front of a jury that their lives were threatened and took steps to stop the threat. Whether they can argue that, successfully, remains to be seen. I think we can all agree that dying over a f*ck*ng mattress is beyond stupid but we've also established many times that stupid cannot be fixed no matter what the parameters we apply to the situation.

Searching into the news headlines in Texas (and as Mack mentioned) has revealed that Orange had a bat that was handed to him by his brother who was off camera.

Now it's been heard by everyone that watched the video that Orange threatened to kill Belly older and Belly younger several times. Despite firearms being present Orange wouldn't let it go. Given that Orange was 37 and older Belly was a pensioner at 67 is older Belly right to defend himself against a younger, larger, and armed attacker? For the record, I'm not necessarily excusing the response but at what point do you tell someone who's threatened to kill you to f*ck off before he steps towards you and you're allowed to justifiably plug him? Be it with any weapon, or not, you have at your disposal? He wasn't shot in the back, either. It's alleged that he was advancing with a weapon before Belly shot him.

On a tangent, and please feel free to disregard or rip me a new one how would our panel feel about this altercation?

Stand your ground? Or take your medicine? If the Bellies weren't armed and this happened would it change the view of the panel?

Apples to oranges maybe but this isn't military ROE this is determining whether anything from this crazy situation (MattressGate) can justify lethal force in self-defence. I honestly don't know but then it's highly unlikely I'll ever be involved in a lethal shootout over what was in a bin.

• Like 1

Stand-your-ground law

A stand-your-ground law establishes a right by which a person may defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats, even to the point of applying lethal force, regardless of whether safely retreating from the situation might have been possible. Such a law typically states that an individual has no duty to retreat from any place where they have a lawful right to be, and that they may use any level of force if they reasonably believe the threat rises to the level of being an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm and/or death.

The states that have legislatively adopted stand-your-ground laws are Alabama,[5] Alaska,[6] Arizona,[7] Florida,[8] Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa,[9] Kansas,[10] Kentucky, Louisiana,[7] Michigan,[7] Mississippi, Missouri,[11] Montana,[7] Nevada, New Hampshire,[7] North Carolina,[12] Oklahoma,[7] Pennsylvania,[13] South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,[7] Texas,[14] Utah,[15] West Virginia[7] and Wyoming.[16]

The states that have adopted stand-your-ground in practice,[17] either through case law/precedent, jury instructions or by other means, are California,[18][19] Colorado,[20][21] Illinois, New Mexico, Oregon, Virginia,[22] and Washington

So what happened for it to escalate into an armed stand off in the alley ?

I would say hell of a lot more going on that that little video shows.

what I did get from it, the dead guy was a Gobshite, his mouth was running away, that tells me from my own personal experience that he was prone to confrontation and most likely violence with it.

I also noted he threatened to kill, had he weapons in his house, is here a history we don't know about, was he likely to come back later armed and have another pop, had he even done anything wrong in he alley ? All stuff we don't know.

It raises the question, Why did the bellies feel the need to go out armed.

Lets not forget the drug problems America faces.

Personally, IF I lived in a society that think it's ok to use guns, shoot intruders etc etc, and someone threatened to kill me or my family, they would get plugged first IF I believed there was a genuine threat.

The bellies were on top level kill mode, gob shite should have walked away, he went more Gobby and paid the price, my gut feeling is some kind of history led to that and it didn't just happen, who goes out, in numbers, armed, to deal with a nieghbour dumping rubbish, unless you have reason to believe you need to be armed.

6 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

It's a tough one as we've only seen a two-minute clip of the altercation. I'm sure the video will be used against the father and son but I'm positive that they will argue in front of a jury that their lives were threatened and took steps to stop the threat. Whether they can argue that, successfully, remains to be seen. I think we can all agree that dying over a f*ck*ng mattress is beyond stupid but we've also established many times that stupid cannot be fixed no matter what the parameters we apply to the situation.

Searching into the news headlines in Texas (and as Mack mentioned) has revealed that Orange had a bat that was handed to him by his brother who was off camera.

Now it's been heard by everyone that watched the video that Orange threatened to kill Belly older and Belly younger several times. Despite firearms being present Orange wouldn't let it go. Given that Orange was 37 and older Belly was a pensioner at 67 is older Belly right to defend himself against a younger, larger, and armed attacker? For the record, I'm not necessarily excusing the response but at what point do you tell someone who's threatened to kill you to f*ck off before he steps towards you and you're allowed to justifiably plug him? Be it with any weapon, or not, you have at your disposal? He wasn't shot in the back, either. It's alleged that he was advancing with a weapon before Belly shot him.

On a tangent, and please feel free to disregard or rip me a new one how would our panel feel about this altercation?

Stand your ground? Or take your medicine? If the Bellies weren't armed and this happened would it change the view of the panel?

Apples to oranges maybe but this isn't military ROE this is determining whether anything from this crazy situation (MattressGate) can justify lethal force in self-defence. I honestly don't know but then it's highly unlikely I'll ever be involved in a lethal shootout over what was in a bin.

Before he was shot he said give me that gun? Was he talking to his brother or hillbillys?

2 hours ago, wyeman said:

hell yeah ..after watching her ,,id wanna ride her all night long ...what a turn on ,,a woman with no fear of dealing with an unsavoury situation ...id marry her no problem ,lol

12 hours ago, jiggy said:

I agree with your point greyman but if i seen your creepy head evading capture in my yard setting up cameras where my woman and kids are playing then you my friend would not be looking at grease dripping from a preppy to keep your survival skills alive. I would prefer a harmless preppy warrior knocking my door looking for a tin of beans than a creep sneaky Cnut that admits to been caught up with the law looking for a fcuking  Puma. You are the weirdo in that case.

How very presumptuous of you, just as well there's a sea between us I guess, I,ve never been caught up with the law looking for cats as I,m not breaking any laws, there is no crime of trespass without intent to commit further crime so I,m not actually breaking any criminal laws by entering people's property, my criminal record is old long and all spent, but in no way cat related, plus my night vision makes your home security system light up like Blackpool illuminations so you,d still never see my creepy head evading capture around your yard, ????

16 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

hell yeah ..after watching her ,,id wanna ride her all night long ...what a turn on ,,a woman with no fear of dealing with an unsavoury situation ...id marry her no problem ,lol

Your from that old generation that used to get horny watching Cagney and Lacey ( pervert) ??? enjoy the clip.

8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

How very presumptuous of you, just as well there's a sea between us I guess, I,ve never been caught up with the law looking for cats as I,m not breaking any laws, there is no crime of trespass without intent to commit further crime so I,m not actually breaking any criminal laws by entering people's property, my criminal record is old long and all spent, but in no way cat related, plus my night vision makes your home security system light up like Blackpool illuminations so you,d still never see my creepy head evading capture around your yard, ????

Thanks but I'm glad the sea is there and I'm not saying you are bad but that isn't always the case . I don't have a security system so hopefully my kids can sleep safe but if somebody is crawling around my property I won't go out and tap them on the shoulder to ask if they have criminal intent. If it's 3am then it sure as shit isn't the postman so my intentions would be different than if someone was in my yard at 3 pm

• Like 1