Natural Instinct

1 hour ago, Busher100 said:

Takes 5 minutes to boil vegetables with meat to fool the dogs too eat them, if you a greyhound training or something with 20 plus dogs the old it's quicker excuse you'll get away with but I'd say the average lurcher man probably ain't got more than 4 runners and if it took 10 minutes plus too sort their grub you'd be dragging it out, feeding bagged raw is abit lazy  + wastes money.  When it's all a wet slushy mince how do you know what someone trying to earn profit off you is putting in there?

Greyhound men paying 3.80 a kilo ???. Not in your wildest dreams???

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Takes 5 minutes to boil vegetables with meat to fool the dogs too eat them, if you a greyhound training or something with 20 plus dogs the old it's quicker excuse you'll get away with but I'd say the average lurcher man probably ain't got more than 4 runners and if it took 10 minutes plus too sort their grub you'd be dragging it out, feeding bagged raw is abit lazy  + wastes money.  When it's all a wet slushy mince how do you know what someone trying to earn profit off you is putting in there?

I work a 3 week on 3 week off rota. I was thinking it would be easier for the wife and daughter to feed the dog some half decent food when I am away.  That’s why I asked if it’s any good. At the moment I feed dried food which is easy when I am away, but thought Natural Instinct might be better and still easy for them to feed. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Allan P said:

I work a 3 week on 3 week off rota. I was thinking it would be easier for the wife and daughter to feed the dog some half decent food when I am away.  That’s why I asked if it’s any good. At the moment I feed dried food which is easy when I am away, but thought Natural Instinct might be better and still easy for them to feed. 

You can buy mince chicken beef and lamb tripe ECT in frozen 1 lb blocks mate just as easy for your people to sort out but No way near the expense 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Why pay 2.50 a kilo of minced up meat when you can get butchers scraps for free or next to nothing makes no sense 

I wish I could, my missus works in a butchers and I still can’t get any scraps, her boss’s lad goes with it all for his dogs ? 

3 hours ago, Allan P said:

Find a way that suits you and your family mate.  Everyone will have their own way of feeding and you'll get get  20 different answers. Feeding raw, whatever the source, aint practical for some but is for others. At the moment my pup, six months old, is on a mix of acana wholeprey,  and lamb and chicken mince, beef or tripe, and the odd carcass and bones etc every couple of days.  After tuesday he'll be on 100% raw.  Do what's best for your circumstances mate ?

• Like 3

I buy full sheep carcus from small holding up the road and mix some mince or tripe into it.

Mutton costs pound a pound so it's costing forty quid ruffly for full sheep.

I mix mince,tripe with it, I get This from butcher who is cheaper than anything on line and you know what your feeding,not mushed up crap.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

That Acana is good stuff, my misses feeds her spaniel on it, barely any poo, great coat and the little amount she needs in a day would surprise you. But at 60euro a bag I don't feed it to mine.  

Yes the amount you need to feed is surprisngly small. And yes, expensive, this is the last week he'll be on it

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Busher100 said:

It's got butternut squash in it, you can tell