Saturday nite 3 in a bed

Successful night David ? I’ve been going out regularly, I’m seeing foxes with my thermal but they are always a good way off and usually making there way out of the field. I shot one a couple of nights ago that I’ve been seeing and it has never hung around long enough for me to shoot it . However I was driving past a gap in a hedge and spotted it on the far side of the field . I would normally try and close the distance down a bit , but I knew  this fox is ultra shy . Engine off rifle up and down it went . I used the rangefinder on it and it was 187 meters . Not my furthest with NV   but not far off . Anyway I was punching the air and congratulating myself on being fantastic , but when I arrived at the body to remove it I couldn’t help but be a bit disappointed. I’d shot it in the head , jaw hanging off and eyes popped out , but I’d been aiming for my usual chest shot . I know dead is dead but it kind of took the sparkle off what to me was a very difficult fox and a good one to get rid of . 

• Like 2