Squirrels

On 05/10/2018 at 09:28, darrren said:

Thanks I just re set the snares last night for the weekend as now I'm back to work its no time to do it in the week, hopefully I'll get a few but I've been setting them higher now. Do you snare yourself? Thanks for the recipe unwilling give it a go, I don't like having to many pots out I'm a one pot wonder but I will certainly try that, what effect does the milk have on the meat? 

I've done the odd bit of snaring,rabbits mainly ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I moved a fenn into a big tree opening I found and had a young squirrel yesterday evening checking them the second time of the day. I also had my second snared squirrel on a log I put up about a week

after all the nice looking food that greenlurchers and others put up on here.....I have to be honest that don't look that nice

Finally got one, I have made the nooses larger and tomorrow will be adding tealers to them all like in the photo, I put this caught squirrels head to my other snares and it barely fitted through so I

Posted Images

I've had three rabbits the one time I tried oer the season. But one rabbit is god around here no joke, so I tend to leave them however this year there seems to be alot more. A good sign I'm hoping. I am at the squirrels here though as there are too many of them. I am just going to check now and lift them again for the week so my snaring is only two days a week now. Il leave a maize pile and then next Friday when I re set I can see if it's been eaten on the area as bird activity is next to none. Where about are you from Mr tea pot? 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Reset the snares the day before yesterday and had three on the same pole yesterday. Two snares pulled also with no catch. Two snares pulled today with misses also. I've had alot more on the snares than the fenn traps without a doubt. What I have noticed is now the food has dried up the squirrels are out and about alot more In search of food so I will be expecting to catch larger numbers as winter goes on. One of these squirrels was nearly as big as my little terrier I've never seen anything like it. 

IMG_20181024_192838_105.jpg

DSC_1092.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, darrren said:

Reset the snares the day before yesterday and had three on the same pole yesterday. Two snares pulled also with no catch. Two snares pulled today with misses also. I've had alot more on the snares than the fenn traps without a doubt. What I have noticed is now the food has dried up the squirrels are out and about alot more In search of food so I will be expecting to catch larger numbers as winter goes on. One of these squirrels was nearly as big as my little terrier I've never seen anything like it. 

IMG_20181024_192838_105.jpg

DSC_1092.JPG

darcys dvd (trapline 1 or 2) has a fair amount on squirrel snaring . worth getting for some tips etc

https://www.darcybooks.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=95

Aha! Tha kyou my friend been trying to find this for ages couldn't even find it on the site but I'm bloody shit with anything computers etc. I shall get a copy ordered when I get paid next week. How are you and the kids getting on with the live traps? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2018 at 14:22, darrren said:

Aha! Tha kyou my friend been trying to find this for ages couldn't even find it on the site but I'm bloody shit with anything computers etc. I shall get a copy ordered when I get paid next week. How are you and the kids getting on with the live traps? 

havnt set for a while . went on to bodygrip boxes in trees for a bit and got good results but with the intense heat i think the wooden blocks that the trap sat onto shrunk a bit and the traps slowly slipped causing foul catch. took traps away but havnt reset yet. thats my task for this month is to get them back up and running and maybe get a few more knocked up 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 3175darren said:

Yep seems that way, I was hoping him being in the business of selling books, he would replenish his stock, at some point, I am only interested in the squirrel lure, 

think he gets the minimum for a order you need to get them printed ? :good: