much damage where you live

23 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

f****n cars sprung a leak in this heavy rain footwell is soaked. Think the drain atbthe front window is blocked

If your car has a sunroof there are normally two drain holes in the runners, they run down the window pillars and out through the bottom, these often block and water finds its way into the car, wind the sunroof back and poke a length of stiff wire dawn the holes, this is the reason you see older motors with tape round the sun roof, easy fix if it is mate ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that Walshie's garden? Cheers, D.

I had 2 pair od underwear to my name yesterday, washed a pair this morning, hung the buggers out, they've gone, I bet owd Gladys has got em

Stormy out there...    

Posted Images

On 19/09/2018 at 16:29, iworkwhippets said:

I had 2 pair od underwear to my name yesterday, washed a pair this morning, hung the buggers out, they've gone, I bet owd Gladys has got em

You'll most likely catch her with back of skirt tucked into your duds, curlers in the lot

24 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

This keeps up then every room upstairs at mine gonna have a skylight in it....... Got the cash here, but no f****r can start for 3 weeks?‍♂️ 3 ceilings f****d now?running out of pots and pans. 

Trouble is mate roofers are going to be at a premium with all this weather both price and time wise,  do you no any scaffolders that could get you a couple of lifts up  ? at least if you can get up there  you could get a few tarps over the roof to prevent further damage, 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Trouble is mate roofers are going to be at a premium with all this weather both price and time wise,  do you no any scaffolders that could get you a couple of lifts up  ? at least if you can get up there  you could get a few tarps over the roof to prevent further damage, 

Uncles sorting out the scaffolding?mates around this evening and we tarp it up, hope that contains anymore damage until the roofer can fit me in?having a right old few days of it.... Lost my head at work and jacked this morning..... Gaffer rang me up said take some time off come back when my heads cleared... Seans not a happy bunny?

54 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Uncles sorting out the scaffolding?mates around this evening and we tarp it up, hope that contains anymore damage until the roofer can fit me in?having a right old few days of it.... Lost my head at work and jacked this morning..... Gaffer rang me up said take some time off come back when my heads cleared... Seans not a happy bunny?

Get a load of empty plastic  milk cartons and fill them with water then cable tie them to the eyelets on your tarps along the bottom edge, it will stop them flapping or blowing off in the wind sorry i,m a bit flat out busy myself for the next week or so or I,d come over, keep your chin up and let me no if I can do anything to help mate ?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Get a load of empty plastic  milk cartons and fill them with water then cable tie them to the eyelets on your tarps along the bottom edge, it will stop them flapping or blowing off in the wind sorry i,m a bit flat out busy myself for the next week or so or I,d come over, keep your chin up and let me no if I can do anything to help mate ?

Cheers mate?hopefully the worst of the rain and wind has passed, scaffoldings going up tomorrow morning and the roofers should be on it ASAP ?will board the ceilings myself, her Oldman will skim and paint them, i dont do painting lol?

• Like 1