How often to feed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In that case I'm going to feed 1 day and fast for 6.

I can’t see that the feed skip day being of any use to a dog that’s actually worked once fat resources have gone it don’t take long in Lurchers or nearly gone the body will crave a substance to make e

Once a day 9pm every night for the 2 cripples if I’m taking the young un out she gets half her daily weight portion mid day then the other half after we’ve lamped but only done that the few trips she’

18 minutes ago, Allan P said:

What's the thinking behind fasting for a day?

I remember reading about captive wolves that were given a day per week without food as a trial, the results came back as being not so good as had they been fed everyday, cannot imagine an active animal or human benefiting from having no fuel for a day given the choice

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Allan P said:

What's the thinking behind fasting for a day?

with 14 dogs  here it helps the food bill a little ! its suppose to have health benefits but to be honest i dont know the in and outs of it, its just something ive always done.sorryi cant be more helpful

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, lawrence said:

with 14 dogs  here it helps the food bill a little ! its suppose to have health benefits but to be honest i dont know the in and outs of it, its just something ive always done.sorryi cant be more helpful

Ok no problem, thanks for the reply. Its something I have never done or heard of tbh so was just curious.

I can’t see that the feed skip day being of any use to a dog that’s actually worked once fat resources have gone it don’t take long in Lurchers or nearly gone the body will crave a substance to make energy and start breaking down muscle mass kind of counter productive 

• Like 2