How often to feed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In that case I'm going to feed 1 day and fast for 6.

I can’t see that the feed skip day being of any use to a dog that’s actually worked once fat resources have gone it don’t take long in Lurchers or nearly gone the body will crave a substance to make e

Once a day 9pm every night for the 2 cripples if I’m taking the young un out she gets half her daily weight portion mid day then the other half after we’ve lamped but only done that the few trips she’

Once a day 9pm every night for the 2 cripples if I’m taking the young un out she gets half her daily weight portion mid day then the other half after we’ve lamped but only done that the few trips she’s had so far but guessing it’ll all intake will need to be upped once the season gets under way properly 

• Like 2

Around 6/8 o'clock each evening, aftet they brem exercised and cleaned up... pups 3 small meals aday until around 10m old. Terriers get a warm meal in the season after a days graft, small meal in the morning for the runners if im off out lamping and a big warm meal when we get back, summer months they miss a meal on Friday, meaty bones on the Saturday morning. If they lose condition then i give bigger or smaller portions, works for me?

• Like 2

Depends on time of year, work load. I feed 3 times when working hard, once when they have done there shift, once when I get up and once again about 5 hours before they go out. In the Sumer I feed once a day and twice a day in the winter when not doing much.