RIP Enzo Calzaghe

16 hours ago, jiggy said:

Joe is one of the best boxers ever to live. I often wonder why he never gained the respect he was entitled too. Undefeated and every bit as good as floyd mayweather.

Because hes a f***ing big headed wanker... Left his mrs for the village bike?

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

i thought he went off with the blonde  from  S/C/D    and lived with her for couple of years ?    ether way  great boxer  , and sad when anybody looses there old man , i still miss my dad  even though we never really got on with each other .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Mayweather slapped a few women up. Obviously I wouldn't know much about their personality I was just talking about talent. Mike Tyson is a lot of people's hero and he is a convicted rapist. Did he do it or not? I don't know but Tyson furey doesn't have much dirt on him besides drugs and he is treated like scum Ali was also fond of a bit on the side and he was a god? I take it you know a bit about calzaghes personal life so I'll leave it to someone else that knows him to argue about that part.

• Like 1

He could  box,no denying that?but having money dont buy you class.... Forgetting where you came from and who helped you get there..... Watched a nobody put him to sleep on the street with a bitch slap lol, i personally dont think he would of got to where he did without enzo. He was twice the man that joe was. Rip

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

was joe pissed up when he got that bitch slap Daniel ?

Was the lad that slapped him of similar size and weight

was it a strait up scrap or a sneaky punch ????

The other guy was pissed, He was gobbing off and got knocked the f**k out plain and simple max?i know boys who used to terrorise him before he made it.... he would pay them to follow him around all night stop folks having a pop. Hes a legend in his own underpants round these parts?

On 17/09/2018 at 17:28, jiggy said:

Joe is one of the best boxers ever to live. I often wonder why he never gained the respect he was entitled too. Undefeated and every bit as good as floyd mayweather.

What hurts Joes legacy is the lack of superfights in his career,ok he was big over here but his best wins over prime fighters were only Kessler and Lacy and a few European level fighters. Compare Joes record to the likes of Roy Jones and it's a night and day comparison. Jones pre Heavyweight was unbelievable but he has also tarnished his legacy after he continued to fight on after moving to Heavyweight to fight Ruiz despite being told from numerous sources that he would never be the same fighter again. Unfortunately after the Ruiz fight he fought on and it was proved that he was nothing like the fighter he had been. Joe did beat Jones and Hopkins but it was too late in there careers for Joe to take real credit for his wins over them. Even then,both of them were able to put Joe over in the first round and I thought Hopkins should have got the nod but his "white boy" comments put paid to that .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, MickC said:

What hurts Joes legacy is the lack of superfights in his career,ok he was big over here but his best wins over prime fighters were only Kessler and Lacy and a few European level fighters. Compare Joes record to the likes of Roy Jones and it's a night and day comparison. Jones pre Heavyweight was unbelievable but he has also tarnished his legacy after he continued to fight on after moving to Heavyweight to fight Ruiz despite being told from numerous sources that he would never be the same fighter again. Unfortunately after the Ruiz fight he fought on and it was proved that he was nothing like the fighter he had been. Joe did beat Jones and Hopkins but it was too late in there careers for Joe to take real credit for his wins over them. Even then,both of them were able to put Joe over in the first round and I thought Hopkins should have got the nod but his "white boy" comments put paid to that .

i think your right about Joe's legacy there mate, i personally think if he had met Jones earlier it could have been a different out come, and the same with Hopkins, but Jones had started to lose fights and Hopkins was 43 years old when they met....for me, they all fought to late, but Joe has it on paper with a perfect record and i suppose that's all what counts for the people that are fans......

• Like 2