no recall

Are we dealing with a pack mindset or do you have any handle on either of them 

two of them are young fresh dogs and plenty of running in them, they don’t usually need much of a trigger 

if your serious about it , only feed out of the van when you get back ,  you need to work with hunger , make that the routine, 

only feed for commands and behavior don’t bowl feed 

if your too confrontational with them they’ll withdraw into pack instinct 

whatever attracts the leader , work  with it  ball food tug item   Any thing that makes you attractive to the dogs stimulated mind 

if you work them as a pack and it works for you and you just need to get a lead on one on the way back ,

the two dogs together become channeled into each others first, energy bouncing between the 2 , you need more energetic contact with one or both  

• Like 2

I've been there with with a dog that likes to clear off and joint problems making it very painful to walk. Gps collar was a worthwhile if expensive intermediate measure whilst getting on top of the problem. My approach has been to stick to rabbity ground as much as possible, so that the dog can get a run or two, but keep her in close and recall after every run, where it is easier to get the recall over the shorter distances. I hate doing it, but the dog goes on a lead for the time being in areas where larger game abounds, the idea being to stop repeating the behaviour of chase > loose / catch > carry on hunting and use the rabbits to get it back to the habit of chase > lose / catch > return to me > carry on hunting

I was pleasantly surprised the other day when she fecked off over the hedge and I had just found a way through myself onto the bigger arable fields, resigned to an hour of worried trudging around trying to guess her location, only to see her come back into view and head straight back to me just like she used to as a youngster, having only been gone for a few minutes :boogy:

I guess with two dogs, keeping one on the lead whilst the other does their thing is going to be the starting point.

• Like 1

I think take one out at a time and keep on leash till game is seen,when they catch put them back on leash.If they haven't been doing much lately they are probably over keen and get a bit feral when loose.Since I've started keeping mine in the house their obedience has increased 500%,probably because I'm on their case a lot with behaving,plus they seem to better understand what you want them to do.

Plenty of good videos online on how to teach dogs to listen, what works for one doesn't always work for all, watch a few methods and one will work for you, just be patient, repetition and positive reinforcement is key imo. pup here is 8 month old, notice how the older bitch responded to one mention of her name.  

As above go back to basics

Split them up,

I have a whippet who comes straight to hand with his catch but when on a walk if he doesn't want to come back he can be a fcuk wit,

Go to a small paddock that fenced of and get some one to one with them, you soon sort it as long as you put the time in.

I hope you feeling better, your dog's soon help you get leg's strong again.atb

• Like 1