My predicament advice please

So I’ve had Bernard here since early March he’s 8 month old and such a nice dog, I’ve recently had a baby and had to start working full time hours plus some for my financial situation and I don’t have a lot of time for the hound, he’s home winding my lass up all day to the point where we’re falling out and with a 6 month and of bairn it’s not the best of situations he’s just stuck in the yard all day with a tiny gate which he keeps jumping over as he loves people always wants to play and there’s a lot going on as I live in a busy area he has also developed an obsession with chasing people on bikes, not to bite but just to play, I’m not really doing him justice at the moment he’s becoming defiant and doesn’t listen outside of the house when being walked, I know he could be a cracking dog in the right hands, I am looking to move to a place more suited to house him in a garden kennel but right now it’s just not possible, I’m debating handing him over to somebody who can do the lad justice and work him like he should be instead of just sticking him in my kitchen with a run of the yard and walking him whenever I’m home, on one hand I love the daft thing soft as clarts and I’ve had him since a wee pup but on the other hand I can’t see him reaching his potential at this rate, some advice on wether or not I should stick it out and see if start getting more time to spend on him or hand him to someone who can turn into a happy little grafter, opinions please 

Put the baby in a warm buggy or back carrying thing and go for a walk without the missus give her some alone time to relax and you to bond with the kid and excercise bernard.do things that include the baby and dog.just playing and things like that.however when it comes to parenting,relationship and dog advice i should be the last person to ask.

• Like 9
15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Get rid mate, we all love dogs an me more than most but you HAVE to put ye missus an baby first, fair doos if you’d had been together a while an she was always moaning then I’d say fcuk her off an keep the dog, but at the start of your life together an woth a baby then they need to come first, an it’s also puttin the dog first imo as you have admitted( an good on ye for doing so) the dogs needs more than you can give at this time. 

Deffo a hard one an I’m usually the first to call somebody a cnut for getting rid or passing a dog now but in these circumstance then it’s right thing to do

get yaself sorted an get a kennel an what ever ye need an them get a new one an enjoy it, pointless having dogs if ye not enjoying it?

sorry for the answer if it’s not what ye was wanting to hear

Aye mate you’ve hit the nail on the head to be honest it’s just obviously hard coming to terms with it because I love him to bits but life’s just took abit of a U-turn for me recently and nothing’s like it used to be because my wee man came along I would have had all the time in the world I’ve just got too many responsibilities at this moment in time, it’s gonna kill is like but I think it is gonna be best to let him go, I want one of you lads off here to have him though because I know there is some sound lads who do dogs justice on here I don’t wanna offer him on any gumtree site or anything like that, he’s a Collie GH X Beddy Whippet he was born 17th of January he’s called Bernard and he’s a lovely lovely lad he’s just not right at this moment in time as Katchum said I’m gonna set up everything I need within the next couple of years or so and start again but I want somebody to do my big lad justice 

1A9A7DF2-2A88-480D-99DA-CAF501E10B35.jpeg

DA1430C6-F6F4-43F1-97A6-9378C6BDA3C4.jpeg

DF4CD317-2A4A-4450-A1DD-7B6971BF01DF.jpeg

3C708BBF-2BD1-4C73-A974-88C25296D17C.jpeg

• Like 3

Family have to come first imo.....got to keep her indoors happy.... Few yrs from now you be in a better situation hopefully and can do a dog justice, theres some good lads on here who would give him the chance if you had to let him go. Id not put him on gumtree etc...... Any old prick could end up with him?

• Like 2

Having put dogs to the forefront & basically lost everything & everyone i cared about i'd take the advice Katchum offered bud,life's too short for regrets,this is no rehearsal for life,time lost to the missus & kids can never be got back,do what's right for you & your family first & foremost,i'm speaking from personal experience here too,get the dog into a good home & crack on with family life just now,it's the right & proper thing to do for all concerned..all the best to you

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Many a missus would have kicked offway before now, count yaself lucky hours sounds half decent?

She’s heart broken it’s come to this mate she’s crying at the thought but it’s making her miserable and it’s not fair 

• Like 2

Mate stick with it don’t jack on the dog before it’s even shown you it’s potential something I learned early on is there’s never the right time for nothing in life be it dogs starting a family or other hobbies you just have to find time An fit it all in an make do by doing so your find it all irons out fine in the end you think to your Sen why the feck was I worried about it in the first place 

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, poxon said:

Mate stick with it don’t jack on the dog before it’s even shown you it’s potential something I learned early on is there’s never the right time for nothing in life be it dogs starting a family or other hobbies you just have to find time An fit it all in an make do by doing so your find it all irons out fine in the end you think to your Sen why the feck was I worried about it in the first place 

That is definitely the spirit brother 

• Like 2