Unusual markings

Oreet lads anione ever seen rabbit like the bottom one in this picture to tell the truth best looking rabbit I've ever seen it put a good run up but was out smarted by the young gun it reminded me of a party couloured whippet it was white and like a grey/blue with blue eyes not the best of picture but here ya go

IMG-20180915-WA0000.jpeg

4 hours ago, Scafflad1 said:

Oreet lads anione ever seen rabbit like the bottom one in this picture to tell the truth best looking rabbit I've ever seen it put a good run up but was out smarted by the young gun it reminded me of a party couloured whippet it was white and like a grey/blue with blue eyes not the best of picture but here ya go

IMG-20180915-WA0000.jpeg

I got one similar a few years back if you go into my profile there's a few pics of it

• Like 1

there's loads of variations out there only one i still want to get is a pure white rabbit , I remember ferreting a big garden for a lady and she says there's a rabbit with a white blaze on it like your pict don't kill it but kill all the rest . First burrow i ferreted the ferret killed a rabbit dug it out and its the one with the blaze  LOL , lobbed it over the hedge and picked it up on the way home she was none the wiser 

• Like 2
On 15/09/2018 at 18:29, delboy_187 said:

More common than youd think .caught loads them blue and white ones marked like collie. i know of two black ones for this year  . Friend got a full ginger one stuffed ill get pic

Why is it that there are different colours tho

There was a place not far from me that had a fair few with similar markings . Once we spotted one of them we started looking out for them and saw at least 10 in the next couple of fields , couldn’t get permission on there though . I just assumed someone had let a pet rabbit go and they were off that . I had a permission over Harrogate way that had a couple of ginger ones and one over near garstang that had a few black ones on but I’ve not seen the mixed colour ones anywhere else . When I was a falconer on the tip I used to catch crows on there that had white markings on them , usually it was just a white patch but one had a white line right round the top edges of its wings that looked like someone had drawn round it with chalk