The best spring rifle to own, which is it in your opinion

1 hour ago, mark williams said:

The TX 200 seems to " still" be taking all before it ?

Currant FT World Champion, TX 200.

Currant HFT Worlds Winner , TX 200.

Currant FT, GP Recoil Champion, TX 200.

Currant HFT Recoil Champion, TX 200.

What do "you say" lads ?

there sh1te?

there a big numb lump so suit ft/hft perfectly... out in the field with no poles to rest on covenantally placed in front of your quarry there not so user friendly!

for me the 97 every time:thumbs: 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

for me it is the pro sport it was as accurate as a pcp looked better than any other airgun.never had to tune one but my vglided hw80 came a very close 2nd

HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON ITS HEAD 357

AND THEN SOME

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

For static hunting the TX takes a lot of bettering and static is my preferred method.

I cannot split a hair between the Pro Sport, TX 200, HW 97, HW 77 or FWB Sport but going off this year`s hunting up to now, taking in all the hard shots taken.

The Pro Sport and the HW 97 are leading " just". - in the static hunting.

The old classic Sandwell Field Sports, stage 2 tuned HW 77 just oozes class, mind you and i seriously think she might just nick it, the way that she  performs.

Hunting and stalking the fields, the FWB Sport by a country mile. ( seriously thinking of sending both my 127 and 124 mk1 FWB Sports to Sandwell F S to be tuned to death )

Just my opinions,

atb  Mark.

Id like to say 97. But I would. I shot a comp TX the other week on a friendly course shoot. And to be honest, it really wasn’t a TX. Had more custom bits than Stephen Hawking. So just maybe, those TX that win, though they carry the AA engraving, are in fact there owners concoctions rather than the standard TX that’s being referred too. Granted though mate. Can’t complain to be honest... Epic rifle indeed. Toying with getting one myself. Just need to get rid of a few before hand. 

Out of interest... didn’t you post this same post like 3 months ago? Ya know, that usual springer post pointing out how mint every rifle you have is... ? cue the pigeon biro drawing, drawing pin, “38 yards”, pellet brand and epic amounts of inverted commas before we’ve even clicked the title. 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh no, have i upset him ,without trying, again ? :bye:.

Well to be honest Rezmond, i`ve bought a HW 77 from Jimmy, ( Big Mac) and also a HW 97 from Simon, ( Pianoman) since buying the brand new, shiny Pro Sport a little over 3 or 4 months ago.

I just love matching these guns against each other and the results are always changing but only just and i will be on the paper again this afternoon. 

I do agree with your statement over the T Rex rifles in competition, their owners having taken all or most of the original  TX - D.N.A out and putting their own ideas back in.

Saying that though Rez, who does`nt do that to their rifles these days ?

Anyway, " i hope you can remember writing your post at 2am onwards".  " This time around " ? :wub: :drinks:

" " " The Iceman " " "  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am only recently back into air rifles I’ve bought a pcp which is great but I fancy a spring gun as well for hunting & plinking I’ve also been thinking about joining an air rifle club so for me this is a good thread,my short list so far is hw97 -hw77 or maybe hw80 and most likely in 177.

TX200 for me, no debate.

IMHO the Prosport loses out on looks.

Next HW77. Mine's nearly as good as the TX but it's taken a lot of practice that the TX didn't.

HW99s Great little rifle straight out of the box. Strange that such a light rifle is so accurate contrary to what you hear about weight adding stability.

HW97KT. Sorry folks but I just can't get any consistency from mine.

1 hour ago, villaman said:

97 for me ,I could not get on with the TX  the tx ones which won these comps are all be tuned with different bits on 

The same kind post comes up all the same from you Mark are you board ?

No, but i much prefer accuracy and top sub 12 ft/lb rifle debates to night vision and FAC all the time.

Each to their own though, - eh ?