The best spring rifle to own, which is it in your opinion

39 minutes ago, mark williams said:

No, but i much prefer accuracy and top sub 12 ft/lb rifle debates to night vision and FAC all the time.

Each to their own though, - eh ?

More and more of us are using FAC now and more and more of us go night time shooting as well 

I have been punching paper all morning with springers out to 40 yards of the knee but I don't find the need to show holes in paper 

Each to there own -eh

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villaman said:

More and more of us are using FAC now and more and more of us go night time shooting as well 

I have been punching paper all morning with springers out to 40 yards of the knee but I don't find the need to show holes in paper 

Each to there own -eh

Must admit, i`d shoot at night and say that i don`t need to show holes in paper if i couldn`t shoot for sh!t as well . :laugh: :tongue2:

"Calm down"  Only winding you up, back.  :bye:  :feck: x

58 minutes ago, charlie caller said:

Bsf B55 Bavaria, buttoned piston with synthetic piston seal conversion, in ,177 of course, oh fu.k I cant find one...... so its the Walther lgv, with a Rowan trigger, simples.

Same here Tim, very hard to find,- i missed a B55 by 2 hrs a couple of months back. I was fecking gutted. :censored:

When i`ve found one worth it and bought it, i`ll start looking out for one for you too mate :laugh: - " promise"  :feck: x

atb , Mark. :good:

• Like 1

As a lad reading the airgun world pellet tests I always wanted a feinwerkbau because it always seem to come out on top regards FPS lol,I’ve seen on here some lads still shoot the old models but do feinwerkbau make a modern alternative if so what’s it like?.

7 hours ago, Str said:

As a lad reading the airgun world pellet tests I always wanted a feinwerkbau because it always seem to come out on top regards FPS lol,I’ve seen on here some lads still shoot the old models but do feinwerkbau make a modern alternative if so what’s it like?.

I still use the FWB Sport 124 and 127 Str .

IMG_1049.thumb.JPG.c1e82d74f0c54704ab198af4c55a6fff.JPG

They do say that the new FWB Sport will be for sale over here soon, ( don`t hold your breath), should be around the £700 mark :icon_eek: ?

Some lads i have spoken to that own both, much prefer the older models.

Mate, if you care to go to you tube and search for "Hot Air, FWB Sport", ( Blackpool Air Rifles), they give a talk/ small review on the FWB Sport.

atb  Mark.

• Thanks 1

You can have genuine pellet on pellet accuracy at 35 metres with a variety of spring rifles in both .177 and .22 caliber.  But the pleasure of shooting them, to me, at least, is how a spring rifle handles, feels and shoots as it delivers that level of accurate pellet placement on to the target.

For me now, it's my AIR ARMS PRO SPORT .22

That rifle is just about perfect as a sub12 ft/lb spring piston air rifle can get. Mine has been tuned with a TBT drop-in kit and fettled by Tim/Charlie Caller here. Beautifully smooth to cock and shoot, accurate as it gets and full-on power for hunting. It is also stunningly beautiful to look at and admire. 

I was devoted to Wiehrauch after buying and shooting with my HW80 .22 and later HW77 .22 which I will never sell  and the HW97k .177 that Mark now has. These are three fantastic spring rifles that deserve their legendary status.

But the Pro Sport does it all with an elegant style.

The only thing wrong with Air Arms is they don't make this masterpiece available as a left hand version. 

I had to radically modify the grip and comb of the factory walnut Minelli stock to make it possible for it to fit me and to shoot properly with it.

But well worth the work. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...