Jimny prop shaft

What year was it introduced mate mines a 53 n mine don't have one well I can't seem to find it aniway I recently swapped mi propshaft as the bearings had gone in it baught a full jeep for 300 quid swapped out the parts I needed n sold it on for 350 so was a happy chap

19 hours ago, Scafflad1 said:

What year was it introduced mate mines a 53 n mine don't have one well I can't seem to find it aniway I recently swapped mi propshaft as the bearings had gone in it baught a full jeep for 300 quid swapped out the parts I needed n sold it on for 350 so was a happy chap

Mine's 2003. I don't know when Suzuki started fitting grease nipples but I've been told the later ones had their bearings crimped into the prop-shaft ;making then harder for the home -mechanic to replace. The early ones like mine are held in with circlips. Still needs a press(or in my case a vice and big hammer;)) to get them out though.

The replacement UJ kit I used came with a grease nipple.

You did well to find a jeep with the bits you needed and to sell the remains for a small profit. Good stuff.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1