Broken gate

Anybody got a idea what would cause this? It looks a perfect break , but no sign of bending and not clean enough to have been cut . Its at a farm my Mrs keeps her horses in.  Weird stuff been happening around there lately . 

The gate was fine the day before . Mrs and her friend leaned on the gate for half hour fussing the horses and chatting 

IMG-20180913-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180913-WA0013.jpg

Edited by Welsh_red

28 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Anybody got a idea what would cause this? It looks a perfect break , but no sign of bending and not clean enough to have been cut . Its at a farm my Mrs keeps her horses in.  Weird stuff been happening around there lately . 

The gate was fine the day before . Mrs and her friend leaned on the gate for half hour fussing the horses and chatting 

IMG-20180913-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180913-WA0013.jpg

Hide one of these in the hedge mate get one with black led,s this one is on a junction in a footpath and gets loads of people passing through never been spotted

image.png

• Haha 1

Combination of localised corrosion creating a stress raiser, (looks like a perforation further along due to corrosion, the galv coating will mean corrosion will occur only locally where this is compromised) & axial stress loading simply because of the gates design..., and maybe a bit a shear induced as the thing was manufactured, and can now be seen in the misalignment.

Add to that the steel was probably made in China and probably designed by those slant eyed fcukers to fail in a deliberate attempt to derail our Western capitalist democracy.., and you’ll maybe have your answer.

Or it might well have been aliens, who knows..., not me that’s for sure.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Combination of localised corrosion creating a stress raiser, (looks like a perforation further along due to corrosion, the galv coating will mean corrosion will occur only locally where this is compromised) & axial stress loading simply because of the gates design..., and maybe a bit a shear induced as the thing was manufactured, and can now be seen in the misalignment.

Add to that the steel was probably made in China and probably designed by those slant eyed fcukers to fail in a deliberate attempt to derail our Western capitalist democracy.., and you’ll maybe have your answer.

Or it might well have been aliens, who knows..., not me that’s for sure.

I'll get back to you once I've finished my university course on understanding that the f**k you say 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What other weird stuff has been happening  ? No clue about the gate doesnt look corroded. Does look like thin metal maybe it was hanging funny with pressure and a horse leaning snapped it?

Theirs a stallion in a shed there , crazy thing, I won't go near it . It had a head harness (not sure what their called) on . Old tatty thing . One morning my Mrs went in and it was on the floor . It had been cut off , perfect cut no fraying or anything . Nobody knows why or how . Another horse was in a shed that was rendered on every wall , no jagged areas anywhere . One morning the horse had a massive deep cut in its leg (top end) , straight cut not rough or anything . I went in to look around and for the life of me I couldn't see where it would cut itself . A gate from a stable not even used was taken off hinges and found on the floor . During lambing in a big shed very early morning a torch was seen coming through the bordering woodland and whoever it was caught wind of the boys doing the lambing and ran away , they were chased through a few fields at a big distance to a car which started it engine as the torch guy got close and shot off . Lots of other stuff that seems odd and pointless.  One horse during the night was moved from one field to another . Like I said weird stuff I have no idea why or how it's happened . Its just one old farmer lady who runs the farm and she has enemies within her family that everything gets pinned on . Im not 100% sure it's him as he lives a hour away and why would be bother anyway . 

I've told her to get CCTV up but she won't for whatever reason , im hoping her daughter will insist on it now

The gate looks like shitty steel and a stress fracture where there may have been internal corrosion.

....... As already said, it looks like it's caused the hole further along.

I reckon the other shinanegans sounds likes someone trying to wind the old girl up. Maybe even malicious sabotage.

Maybe it went as someone was going over it.

A couple of trailcams is a good shout :yes:

• Like 1

If it just had been the gate I would of said fat b***%*d syndrome but the rest sounds weird. But still why would anyone with bad intentions cut the top bar off a gate. I would've cut their legs, mane and tail off if I'd bad intentions ( which I don't) but I know people capable of that. I think they just wanted a photo of their dog jumping a gate and it was a bar high. ???